What are ZydaClin Tablets for Dogs and Cats?
- ZydaClin is a prescription oral medication for dogs and cats that contains clindamycin, a lincosamide type antibiotic that kills certain types of susceptible bacteria.
Why do cats and dogs use ZydaClin?
- Clindamycin is commonly prescribed to treat dogs and cats with a variety of bacterial infections such as dental infections, skin infections, deep wounds, abscesses, infections of the bone, or osteomyelitis.
What else should I know about ZydaClin?
- Small, scored tablets.
- Prescription required.
- Looking for ZydaClin Liquid, Clintabs, or Clindamycin capsules?
What problems could my dog or cat have with ZydaClin?
- Clindamycin should not be given to horses, rabbits, mice, rats, guinea pigs, cattle, sheep, goats, or deer. They may develop fatal diarrhea from taking Clindamycin.
- Clindamycin has a bitter taste that may need to be masked to get your dog or cat to take it.
How do you use ZydaClin?
- Clindamycin may be given with or without food. Clindamycin may burn the throat if it is not given with a small amouth of food or water. Follow your veterinarian's directions.
What is in ZydaClin?
- The drug in ZydaClin is Clindamycin.
- Clindamycin is a lincosamide antibiotic that works against certain types of bacteria.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- ZydaClin is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the ZydaClin?
- ZydaClin contains an antibiotic. Resistance is a major concern when using antibiotics. To help avoid resistance, it is important for you to use this for as long as your veterinarian has prescribed, even if you dog or cat is looking and feeling better.