25 mg/mL, 4mL Multiple Dose Vial
Starting At $195.99 per vial
$195.99 per vial
In StockQualifies for free shipping
Usually ships the same weekday before 3pm CT with veterinary approval.
Requires veterinary authorization.
Your pet's veterinarian will provide directions for use.
What is Percorten-V for Dogs?
- Percorten-V is a prescription injectable corticosteroid that helps replace your dog's deficient mineralcorticoids.
- Your dog’s adrenal gland helps regulate many key levels in the body including potassium, sodium, and electrolytes.
- When the adrenal gland stops producing the steroid your dog needs to manage those levels effectively, your dog can develop hypoadrenocorticism, commonly called Canine Addison’s Disease.
- Percorten-V, containing the hormone replacement Desoxycorticosterone Pivalate, replaces some of the missing stress hormones your dog needs.
Why do dogs use Percorten-V?
- If your dog has Addison’s Disease, or hypoadrenocorticism, your veterinarian may prescribe Percorten-V.
What else should I know about Percorten-V?
- Treats Addison’s Disease in dogs and cats.
- Discard within 4 months after opening.
- For dosing, needles and syringes without needle (to use with any needle) are sold separately. Consult your veterinarian for the appropriate sizes.
- Looking for Zycortal Suspension? Percorten-V and Zycortal Suspension have the same active ingredient desoxycorticosterone pivalate, but are not interchangeable drugs.
What problems could my dog have with Percorten-V?
- Contact your veterinarian immediately if you notice greater thirst or need to urinate, swelling of the limbs, weakness, lack of energy, shaking, collapse, loss of appetite, weight loss, vomiting, or diarrhea.
How do you use Percorten-V?
- Shake well before use.
- Percorten-V is given under the skin (subcutaneously) or into the muscle (intramuscularly) every 20 to 30 days. Follow your veterinarian's directions.
What is in Percorten-V?
- The drug in Percorten-V is Desoxycorticosterone Pivalate (DOCP).
- DOCP is a mineralocorticoid hormone replacement.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Percorten-V is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Percorten-V?
- Dogs may use Percorten-V for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
31 total reviews
Rated 4.84 out of 5 stars
75% of respondents would recommend this to a friend
29 5 star reviews
1 4 star reviews
0 3 star reviews
0 2 star reviews
1 1 star reviews
Most Liked Positive Review
Saving Our Cody!
Our dog was knocking on heavens door when we found out he has Addison's disease. This medication has balanced his system and will let him live a longer life. The medication seems to work rapidly which helps keep the humans calm.
Most Liked Negative Review
Not purchasing this product from this company ever again
Once monthly injection, prescribed low dose formula to maintain optimum health
Good med at a good PriceFrom UndisclosedComments about Percorten-V 25 mg/mL, 4mL Multiple Dose VialOur dog has Addison's Disease and requires a monthly injection of Percorten. Vetrxdirect has this at a great price and Customer Service was outstanding!!
Best online pharmacyFrom UndisclosedComments about Percorten-V 25 mg/mL, 4mL Multiple Dose VialOur little girl has Addison's disease and needs this to live a normal and healthy life. This pharmacy has always figured out how to help us source this medication even during supply chain issues.
Percorten-V will save your pet from Addison's Disease!From UndisclosedComments about Percorten-V 25 mg/mL, 4mL Multiple Dose VialAt 9 years old, my Jack Russell Terrier, Lucy, was diagnosed with Addison's Disease. It was such a scary time to see her failing after a teeth cleaning. Percorten-V has saved her life. Although costly, Vet Rx has the best price! I administer Lucy's monthly shot at home to keep her stress level down. She's been on the medication 2 1/2 years now and is her normal, spunky, healthy self.
Best pick for addisonsFrom UndisclosedComments about Percorten-V 25 mg/mL, 4mL Multiple Dose VialPercortan keeps my dog alive without stinging like the alternative brand.
Addisons dogs medsFrom UndisclosedComments about Percorten-V 25 mg/mL, 4mL Multiple Dose VialEddie has Addisons Disease and this product is literally life-saving for him. He cannot live without it.
Ernie Thanks You!!From UndisclosedComments about Percorten-V 25 mg/mL, 4mL Multiple Dose VialFast shipping.
He was like a new dog after his first dose.From UndisclosedComments about Percorten-V 25 mg/mL, 4mL Multiple Dose VialMy dog needs a shot each month or he becomes very ill with his Addision's disease
Without Percorten Duke will not Live!!From UndisclosedComments about Percorten-VOur Duke has Addison's disease and needs Percorten every 28 days!
Best med for Addison DogsFrom OntarioComments about Percorten-VTried Fluronef and that was going to be going nowhere w increasing number of daily pills. Predictable monthly injection is much better.
This medication has helped my pet.From UndisclosedComments about Percorten-V 25 mg/mL, 4mL Multiple Dose VialNelson was diagnosed with Addison's disease a year and half ago. This medication helps him maintain all of his levels so he stays a healthy and happy boy. Shipping is always very quick and reliable.
Displaying Reviews 1 - 10
Q & A
Does this ship with cold packs (as I know this medicine must be kept cold). Thanks.?
According to the product manufacturer, Percorten-V 25mg/ml, should be stored at controlled room temperature 25⁰C (77°F) with excursions between 15-30⁰C (59-86°F) permitted. It is also recommended to protect from light and freezing. Shake the product well before drawing up the dose to be administered, and use the contents within 4 months of opening vial top. Given the manufacturers recommended storage conditions, VetRXDirect does not ship this product with cold packs. During periods of excessive heat or cold, please consider changing your shipping address or upgrading shipping to have orders delivered to controlled environments where a person can take possession of the package and refrigerate if necessary.Verified Answer
How many doses are in a vial?
The dose of Percorten-V given depends on many factors. Initially the dose may be based on your dogs weight. Later the dose may be adjusted based upon laboratory test results and your dog’s response to the medication.These variables make it impossible to say the number of doses you will get out of a vial. For reference, each 4mL vial contains 100 mg of active ingredient. The manufacturer recommends that the vial should be discarded 4 months after first use.Verified Answer
Is this sold as a single 25mg/mL vial or for multiple doses??
The concentration of Percoten-V in the vial is 25mg/mL. It is supplied as a multiple dose vial which comes in a volume of 4mL.Verified Answer
Is this medication administered subcutaneously or is it an intermuscular injection??
Percoten-V is injected into the muscle as directed by your pet's veterinarian.Verified Answer
It can be administered sub Q...which we do. The literature says otherwise but Addison's is well managed and less painful for the pupCommunity Answer
What is the shelf life of Percorten-V??
Percorten-V is an injectable suspension primarily used to treat adrenal problems in dogs and used off-label in cats. According to the packaging it can be stored at room temperature until the stated expiration date. Once the vial is broached, it should be used within 4 months. Thank you, VetRxDirectVerified Answer
What needles should I buy to give injections to my dog (german shorthair Pointer) approx 55lbs.?
We do have several different sizes of needles but we suggest talking to your veterinarian on suggestions. They will know your pet better and will be able to make better recommendations for you. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer
Displaying Questions 1 - 6