What are Metronidazole Capsules for Dogs and Cats?
- Metronidazole is a synthetic antibacterial and antiprotazoal agent used to treat trichomoniasis, giardiasis, balantidiasis, amoebiasis, and trypanosomiasis in dogs and cats.
- Giardiasis is caused byt the parasite, Giardia, which lives in the small intestine and can cause diarrhea. The organism can be found in contaminated soil, food, and water.
- Metronidazole is a generic of brand Flagyl.
Why do cats and dogs use Metronidazole?
- Metronidazole may be prescribed to treat infections caused by some parasites, such as Giardia.
- Metronidazole can also be used to treat diarrhea and infections caused by anerobic bacteria.
What else should I know about Metronidazole?
- Metronidazole has a bitter taste. Disguising it with food may help you administer this drug successfully.
- The use of Metronidazole is banned in food producing animals, including egg-laying chickens and dairy animals.
- Looking for Metronidazole Tablets or Metronidazole Liquid Suspensions?
What problems could my dog or cat have with Metronidazole?
- Metronidazole can cause serious nervous system side effects, especially at high doses. Contact your veterinarian if you notice any changes in you companion's behavior or coordination.
- Metronidazole should not be given to pregnant or nervous animals.
How do you use Metronidazole?
- Metronidazole should be given with food. Follow your veterianrian's directions.
- Pregnant women and people allergic to Metronidazole should handle the drug with caution.
What is in Metronidazole?
- The drug Metronidazole is an antibiotic and an antiprotozoal that kills some bacteria and parasites.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- These Metronidazole capsules are a compounded medication. The ingredients will be mixed specially for your dog or cat in our pharmacy.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Metronidazole?
- Metronidazole is an antibiotic. Resistance is a major concern when using antibiotics. To help avoid resistance, it is important for you to use this for as long as your veterinarian has prescribed, even if you dog or cat is looking and feeling better.
Who makes these Metronidazole capsule?
- These Metronidazole capsule are hand-made in our pharmacy.
- There is a minimum charge of $59.99.
- Shelf-life limits orders to a 170-day supply.
Always buy hereFrom UndisclosedComments about Metronidazole Capsules (Compounded)
Very pleased!From UndisclosedComments about Metronidazole Capsules (Compounded)
Trusted supply of pet medsFrom UndisclosedComments about Metronidazole Capsules (Compounded)
Custom Medicine at an affordable priceFrom UndisclosedComments about Metronidazole Capsules (Compounded)
Great value, Tablets would be 5 starsFrom undisclosedComments about Metronidazole Capsules (Compounded)
Compounded Capsules Trump Liquid FormulationFrom New York, NYComments about Metronidazole Capsules (Compounded)
Awesome Product, Completly mask the taste!From Baton Rouge, LAComments about Metronidazole Capsules (Compounded)
Easy to giveFrom Phoenix, AZ, USAComments about Metronidazole Capsules (Compounded)
Q & A
If the capsule is opened and put in food. Will the taste of the medication be detected???
Metronidazole has a very bitter taste and it will likely be difficult to mask. Please consult with your veterinarian on alternative techniques to administer this medication.Verified Answer
Hello, I give my cat METRONIDAZOLE tiny blue tablet 62.5 Mg. Wath is the difference between tablets and capsules and Metronidazole Capsules (Compounded). Which are easier to give to the cats. And I see that you have Metronidazole Capsules (Compounded) in stock do you have the tablets. Please email me back ASAP PLEASE Thank You and stay SAFE.?
Metronidazole Compounded Capsules are compounded by the VetRxDirect Pharmacy in a variety of dosage strengths including 62.5mg. At this time we do not have compounded Metronidazole tablets. We currently carry generic Metronidazole tablets in 250mg and 500mg strengths. Both tablets and capsules have an equal ability to be administered to cats. The decision between capsules and tablets is often based on personal preference. Please consult with your veterinarian regarding any further questions about the administration of this medication.Verified Answer
I currently give my dog Metronidazole 50 mg tiny tab, whats the difference between this and compound? is it because its in a capsule form.?
Please contact your veterinarian to determine if metronidazole capsules are appropriate for your dog.Verified Answer
In addition to the drug formulated into a capsule (vs tablet), metronidazole capsules are compounded to tailor to the unique needs of an individual patient. The compound can be prepared to address the patient’s need for a dose that is not commercially available. Capsules can make it easier for your dog to swallow the capsule without dealing with any kind of aftertaste. The owner may also choose to open up the capsule at home and pour the contents into a food or beverage of their choice for easier administration.Verified Answer