Fluoxetine (Generic) Rx
Starting At $0.09 per capsule
Fluoxetine (Generic) Rx
$0.09 per capsule
Usually ships the same weekday before 3pm CT with veterinary approval.
Requires veterinary authorization.
Your pet's veterinarian will provide directions for use.
What are Fluoxetine Capsules for Dogs and Cats?
- Fluoxetine is a prescription behavior modifying medication used in dogs and cats to treat several behavioral disorders including aggression in dogs and anxiety.
- Fluoxetine is the generic drug name for Prozac.
Why do cats and dogs use Fluoxetine?
- Fluoxetine may be prescribed to treat a variety of behavior disorders, such as agression, obsessive-compulsive behavior, or anxiety.
- Fluoxetine may also help against inappropriate elimination in cats.
What else should I know about Fluoxetine?
- Fluoxetine is most effective when used in conjunction with behavior programs.
- It may be several weeks before it can be determined if Fluoxetine is effective.
- Splitting or opening capsules is not recommended.
- Looking for Fluoxetine Tablets?
- Looking for Liquid Fluoxetine or Fluoxetine Transdermal Gel?
- Looking for Reconcile (fluoxetine) Chewable Tablets?
What problems could my dog or cat have with Fluoxetine?
- Common side effects include sleepiness and reduced appetite.
- Rare, but serious, side effects include seizures and aggression. Contact your veterinarian immediately if you notice these signs.
- Overdoses can be serious. Keep Fluoxetine out of the reach of children and other animals.
- Do not use flea collars while you are giving Fluoxetinewithout consulting with your veterinarian.
- This medication should not be used in dogs with a history of epilepsy or seizures.
- Fluoxetine should be used with caution in pets that have diabetes as it may alter the blood sugar levels.
How do you use Fluoxetine?
- Fluoxetine may be given with or without food. Follow your veterinarian's directions.
- Do not stop giving Fluoxetine without consulting with your pet's veterinarian as serious side effects may result.
What is in Fluoxetine?
- Fluoxetine is a behavior modifying drug.
- It is a selective seratonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) that works to increase the levels of seratonin in the brain.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Fluoxetine is sold as an FDA approved generic drug. Brand may vary from order to order and variation to variation. We are unable to guarantee which brand will be available at the time of order shipment.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Fluoxetine?
- Dogs and cats may use Fluoxetine for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
30 total reviews
Rated 4.93 out of 5 stars
100% of respondents would recommend this to a friend
28 5 star reviews
2 4 star reviews
0 3 star reviews
0 2 star reviews
0 1 star reviews
Fluoxetine really helps my pet's mental state!From UndisclosedComments about Fluoxetine (Generic) 10mg CapsuleMy dog Apollo is as anxious as he is cute! Fluoxetine helps keep him mellow in order for him to have the best quality of life!
Excellent service. Waiting to see if drug helpsFrom UndisclosedComments about Fluoxetine (Generic) 10mg CapsuleI got my sweet boy at 7weeks instead of 8 because he was beating up his siblings and needed to go. There's never any malice, but he kept it up with my older female. He seems to think she's his toy, and when he's not holding her down he's chasing her around the house. He's never hurt her in any way, but now she's 11yrs old and I worry she'll break a leg on one of her giant jumps from the loft.... No behavioral work has ever helped, so my Vet recommended prozac. I've had a great experience with Vet RX. Good price, communication, and fast shipping. I'll definitely reorder if the meds help!
This medication is working great for my dogFrom UndisclosedComments about Fluoxetine (Generic) 10mg CapsuleOur vet prescribed this for our pup Amelia to help with her anxiety. She's been on it for about 6 months and we've noticed that she's overall less anxious about things that would normally scare her or agitate her and it's been a great help. In combination with training and management I think it's helped lessen her reactivity to other dogs/people. Vet Rx Direct is great, they are very responsive with questions and the medication is very affordable.
Coordinated, comprehensive, and caringFrom UndisclosedComments about Fluoxetine (Generic) 20mg CapsuleVet Rx Direct came highly recommended by my veterinarian. She recommended Prozac for his terrible separation anxiety upon the sudden loss of his owner for whom he'd been her service dog of 11 years. I have successfully given Goliath Prozac orally with a treat for the past year and he is now a confident, happy member of the family. Vet Rx Direct was responsive to my needs and will continue goliaths treatment needs in coordination with them and my vet
Great for separation anxiety!From UndisclosedComments about Fluoxetine (Generic) 20mg CapsuleWe started using Floxetine for our shar pei's separation anxiety, and using it in combination with CaniQuell we can really see a difference. He's like a new dog! We did a lot of experimenting with different medications and this combination has hit the mark.
Alfie is the one in the lower right hand corner.From UndisclosedComments about Fluoxetine (Generic) 20mg CapsuleGreat price, fast shipping!
My cat is a real jerk without his pillsFrom UndisclosedComments about Fluoxetine (Generic) 10mg CapsuleThe vet recommended this and it works great
Really calmed my Daisy down.From Salina, OKComments about Fluoxetine (Generic) 20mg CapsuleDaisy is a recent rescue and has terrible separation anxiety. I have lost many shoes and chargers to her. This drug has calmed her down so much! No more destroying! She gets her pill in a bit of wet dog food.
DON'T BE AFRAID OF PROZAC FOR A DOG WITH HORRIFIC MEMORIFrom UndisclosedComments about Fluoxetine (Generic) 10mg CapsuleWe adopted our Toasty in the winter of 2018. Her story is filled with neglect and abuse. She experienced her 1st adoption with the family giving up on her after 2 years. Her life began in Puerto Rico in horrible condition but she was rescued and in time for her to survive. 2 of her siblings, however, didn't survive the abuse/neglect. Toasty came to us with a lot of issues and it was within our 1st encounter that we knew that she needed a home that was filled with patience and tons of love. We recognized several triggers and quickly worked with our vet to help Toasty have some help in dealing with all the memories. Prozac has helped her transition into a girl that is able to find fun in activities that she knew nothing about. When we adopted another Sato dog to be her companion, we hit the jackpot. Toasty is still on the medication but she is definitely thriving with us and her new brother, Balto. FYI...both were amazingly rescued by the same wonderful woman in Puerto Rico but several years apart. Toasty displays a totally different dog now...happy and enjoying life.
We never run out of this medicationFrom UndisclosedComments about Fluoxetine (Generic)I give my female German Shepherd a 20mg tablet of Fluoxetine per day. It helps keep her anxiety issues under control. She is doing well on this medication.
Displaying Reviews 1 - 10
Q & A
Can the powder from the capsules be safely administered by emptying it into food, or should the pill be given fully intact??
The capsules may be safely split open and the powder contents emptied and mixed into food. It is important to monitor your pet and ensure they eat all of the food so that they receive the entire dose of the medication. While this could be an alternative to administering the medication to your pet, Fluoxetine powder can have a bitter taste, and may not be fully masked by food. Please consult with your veterinarian before using this technique as they may be able to offer tips or an alternative dosage form.Verified Answer
What size are the 10mg capsules? Are they a #3??
What should dosage be per pound of dog??
Generally the usual dose for a dog is 1-2 mg/kg by mouth once daily; however, dosing of fluoxetine should be determined by your dog's veterinarian and should be used in conjunction with a comprehensive behavior modification protocol.Verified Answer
What is the difference between the Fluoxetine Capsule and Tablet, because the tablets seem to be way more expensive. Thanks.?
The fluoxetine capsule and tablet dosage forms both contain the same active ingredient, fluoxetine hydrochloride. Pricing on the dosage forms can vary for a variety of reasons such as: manufacturing process, market exclusivity of dosage form, dosage form ingredient cost, etc.) If your pet is needing the commercially-available dose it would be cost effective to get the capsule dosage form. If your pet is needing a partial dose of the commercially-available medicine, such as half the dose, the tablet dosage form would be preferred due to the ability of splitting the dosage form.Verified Answer
Displaying Questions 1 - 4