Famotidine (Generic) Rx
Starting At $0.12 per tablet
Famotidine (Generic) Rx
$0.12 per tablet
Usually ships the same weekday before 3pm CT with veterinary approval.
Requires veterinary authorization.
Your pet's veterinarian will provide directions for use.
What are Famotidine Tablets for Dogs and Cats?
- Famotidine is used to reduce the amount of stomach acid produced.
- Famotidine is sold both as a prescription and as an over-the-counter medication. This Famotidine requires a prescription.
- Famotidine is the generic name for the brand Pepcid.
Why do cats and dogs use Famotidine?
- Famotidine can be used to prevent and treat stomach ulcers and reflux.
What else should I know about Famotidine?
- Famotidine is sold both over-the-counter and by prescription.
- Looking for the over-the-counter Famotidine?
What problems could my dog or cat have with Famotidine?
- Famotidine is associated with few side effects.
- Some side effects include dry mouth, dry skin, or diarrhea.
How do you use Famotidine?
- Famotidine works best if it is given before the first meal of the day, but give it as directed by your veterinarian.
What is in Famotidine?
- Famotidine is an antacid and a histamine-2 blocker.
- Histamine-2 blockers reduce the amount of acid produced by the stomach.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Famotidine is sold as an FDA approved generic drug. Brand may vary from order to order and variation to variation. We are unable to guarantee which brand will be available at the time of order shipment.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Famotidine?
- Dogs and cats may use Famotidine for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
1 total reviews
Rated 5.00 out of 5 stars
0% of respondents would recommend this to a friend
1 5 star reviews
0 4 star reviews
0 3 star reviews
0 2 star reviews
0 1 star reviews
This was ordered by my Vet. Thanks againFrom undisclosedComments about Famotidine (Generic)Anything I've ordered from vetrxdirect has been sanctioned by my Vet and it's all been very satisfactory, coming quickly and the right product for my dog. It's an excellent Company and I'm so glad I found it online.
Displaying Reviews 1 - 1
Q & A
I was prescribed this by my doctor! Are these suitable for humans or just pets??
Famotidine is a human labeled prescription medication that may be used in an extra-label manner for pets, under the direction and guidance of a veterinarian. As a pet pharmacy, we only dispense this medication with a valid veterinarian’s prescription for use in animals.Verified Answer
How long can it be used or does it need to be used for the rest of dogs life??
The duration of therapy for Famotidine depends on the indication, dose, and overall health of your dog. Please consult your veterinarian for further questions or concerns regarding the appropriate use of Famotidine in your dog.Verified Answer
Hi, I have been trying to give my 16 year old cat with CRF famotidine to control the acid and I can tell you that it's been quite an ordeal for both of us. I was wondering if you could make this medication into a transdermal cream . Thank you very much.?
We have added some compounded famotidine doses to our website. Please talk to your veterinarian about getting a prescription for one of these compounded famotidine products.Verified Answer
how many in bottle?
Prescription strength famotidine is sold per tablet. You are able to order the quantity of tablets that your pet's veterinarian has prescribed. Over-the-counter strength famotidine is available in 30, 50, and 70 count boxes. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer
Displaying Questions 1 - 4