VetriShield Plus Rx
Starting At $25.76
VetriShield Plus Rx
Usually ships the same weekday before 3pm CT with veterinary approval.
Requires veterinary authorization.
Your pet's veterinarian will provide directions for use.
What are VetriShield Plus Chewable Tablets for Dogs?
- VetriShield Plus is a prescription heartworm preventative for dogs containing the antiparasitics Ivermectin and Pyrantel Pamoate.
- VetriShield Plus also treats and controls hookworms and roundworms.
- Tasty VetriShield Plus for dogs prevent heartworm infection for a full month with one dose.
Why do dogs use VetriShield Plus?
- Prescription VetriShield Plus contains the highly effective active ingredients Ivermectin and Pyrantel Pamoate, which prevent heartworm infection by killing the parasite at the larval stage. They also control and kill roundworms and hookworms.
- By giving your dog a chewable tablet once a month on the same day, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that your dog is protected from dangerous heartworm and other parasites.
What else should I know about VetriShield Plus?
- Effectively kills heartworm, hookworm, and roundworm.
- Tasty chewables dogs love.
- Convenient once-a-month dosing.
- The American Heartworm Society and most veterinarians recommend an annual heartworm test before prescribing a heartworm preventative for your dog. Dogs with heartworms are at risk for serious reactions if they take Ivermectin.
- Talk with your dog's veterinarian for more information and to find the best flea and tick preventative to complement VetriShield Plus.
- VetriShield Plus is sold as a prescription drug in a maximum of a 12-month supply per dog per year.
- To buy the same size for more than one dog, add what you need to the cart. You can split the amount to different dogs in checkout!
- Contact your local waste management about the safe disposal of VetriShield Plus. VetriShield Plus can be very toxic to fish and wildlife.
What problems could my dog have with VetriShield Plus?
- Keep out of reach of other animals. Overdoses can also be serious. Contact your veterinarian if you suspect an overdose.
- Contact your veterinarian immediately if you see neurologic signs such as coma, weakness, clumsiness, dilated pupils, trembling, excessive drooling, or if your dog presses its head against the wall.
How do you use VetriShield Plus?
- VetriShield Plus may be given with or without food. Follow your veterinarian's directions.
- It is best if your dog chews the VetriShield Plus before swallowing. If your dog normally swallows treats whole without chewing, you may break the chewable tablet into pieces to feed your dog or add pieces to a small amount of food. Discuss your options with your veterinarian.
What is in VetriShield Plus?
- The active ingredients in VetriShield Plus are Ivermectin and Pyrantel Pamoate.
- Ivermectin and Pyrantel Pamoate control and kill certain parasites like heartworms, hookworrms, and roundworms.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- VetriShield Plus is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog to finish all of the VetriShield Plus?
- Dogs may use VetriShield Plus for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
5 total reviews
Rated 5.00 out of 5 stars
0% of respondents would recommend this to a friend
5 5 star reviews
0 4 star reviews
0 3 star reviews
0 2 star reviews
0 1 star reviews
Half priceFrom UndisclosedComments about VetriShield Plus 26-50lbs, 6 Flavored ChewablesBest price
Good Online RetailerFrom UndisclosedComments about VetriShield Plus up to 25lbs, 6 Flavored ChewablesThis is the only heart worm medication that my Papillion will take without having to trick her into taking it. At first, they thought they were out of it but when they found out that they did have it in stock they shipped it overnight delivery. Highly recommended.
VetriShield Plus - great medicine for heartworm prevention!From UndisclosedComments about VetriShield Plus 51-100lbs, 6 Flavored ChewablesOur veterinarian had recommended several heartworm prevention medicines and suggested we do our own research to select the one we thought was best. Based on both some online searching and, more importantly, speaking with several dog owners at our local dog park where we meet each morning, it was clear that VetriShield Plus was the best product on the market for our precious golden retriever, Nala. We have been using VetriShield since Nala was 3-4 months old (she is now 15 months old) and it has been great - we just add the chewable tablet to her food once a month - it couldn't be easier and we sleep well at night knowing that we are doing as much as possible to keep her healthy and safe!
Great Price and Great Customer ServiceFrom UndisclosedComments about VetriShield PlusPurchasing was simple. Had better prices than my veterinarian. Customer service was excellent!!
Great company to do business withFrom UndisclosedComments about VetriShield Plus up to 25lbs, 6 Flavored ChewablesPurchasing was simple. Had better prices than my veterinarian. Customer service was excellent!!
Displaying Reviews 1 - 5
Q & A
Giving Vetrishield Plus Heart Worm with food??
According to the manufacturer's product label, VetriShield Plus may be added intact to a small amount of dog food or placed in the back of the dog’s mouth for forced swallowing. Care should be taken that the dog consumes the complete dose, and treated animals should be observed for a few minutes after administration to ensure that part of the dose is not lost or rejected. If it is suspected that any of the dose has been lost, please consult with your veterinarian as redosing may be recommended.Verified Answer
We have recently started carrying this product and I was just wondering if there is any sort of guarantee with this? If we have a patient on this and they end up with hook worms or round worms do you help cover the cost of getting rid of them or no? Also do you cover treatment if they end up with heartworms while on this product? Is this also suppose to keep them from getting hook and round worms for the entire month or will this only work for a week or so instead of the entire month? Thank you?
VetriShield Plus is indicated to prevent heartworm disease in dogs by killing the heartworm larvae, Dirofilaria immitis, for 1 month (30 days). It is also indicated for to treatment and control of infections of ascarids (Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina) and hookworms (Ancylostoma caninum, Uncinaria stenocephala, Ancylostoma braziliense) for 1 month (30 days). We do not manufacture this medication, but the manufacturer Virbac can be reached at 1-800-338-3659 for more information.Verified Answer
Displaying Questions 1 - 2