What is VetraSeb CeraDerm P for Dogs and Cats?
- VetraSeb P Shampoo is a pleasantly scented formulation designed for the temporary relief of itching in dogs and cats.
- VetraSeb P Mousse is a formulation designed for the temporary relief of itching in dogs and cats without bathing.
Why is VetraSeb CeraDerm P used for Dogs and Cats?
- CeraDerm P is designed for the temporary relief of pruritus and skin irritations.
What else should I know about CeraDerm P?
- CeraDerm P is soap-free and contains mild cleansing bases.
- CeraDerm P Mousse is soap-free, rubbing alcohol-free and moisturizing.
What problems could my dog or cat have with CeraDerm P?
- Consult with your veterinarian before using this product, and follow their specific directions for use.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- In case of contact with eyes, rinse thoroughly and consult your veterinarian.
- If skin irritation occurs or increases, discontinue use and consult with your veterinarian. Wash hands after use
How do you use CeraDerm P?
CeraDerm P Shampoo
- Wet the animal with warm water and apply VetraSeb™ P Shampoo. Massage into the wet hair coat. Allow to remain on the hair coat for 5 to 10 minutes before rinsing thoroughly with clean water. Repeat if needed. Apply 3 times per week for 2 to 3 weeks or as directed by your veterinarian. May be used as part of a management plan as recommended by your veterinarian.
CeraDerm P Mousse
- Shake well before use.
- For localized application: Apply on dry hair. Brush the hair coat. Dispense 1 or 2 pumps in the hand and then apply on the targeted area. Massage into the skin until fully penetrated. Do not rinse. Let air dry. Once dry, brush the hair coat again.
- For whole body application: Apply on dry hair. Brush the hair coat. Dispense 1 or 2 pumps in the hand and then apply on the skin and hair. Massage into the skin until fully penetrated. Repeat as many times as necessary to cover the whole body, avoiding areas around the eyes and mouth. Do not rinse. Let air dry. Once dry, brush the hair coat again.
- Dosage: Under 11 lbs: 1 pump per 2 lbs, 11-88 lbs: 1 pump per 4 lbs, Over 88 lbs: 1 pump per 6 lbs. Dosage may be doubled for long-haired breeds. Apply every 3 days for 2 to 3 weeks or as directed by your veterinarian.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- VetraSeb CeraDerm P is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Skin allergy shampooFrom UndisclosedComments about VetraSeb CeraDerm P Conditioning Shampoo, 16oz (473mL)
Q & A
how does this differ from hypoallergenic shampoo with phytosphingosine salicyloyl 0.02% that i have always used on my dog??
According to Plumb’s Veterinary Drug Handbook, VetraSeb CeraDerm P contains the active ingredient Pramoxine 1% which is a surface and local anesthetic affecting peripheral nerves. Pramoxine is often combined with other topical medications to reduce pain and itching. The manufacturer does not state whether or not VetraSeb CeraDerm P is hypoallergenic. Phytosphingosine salicyloyl 0.2% helps improve the natural lipid barrier of the skin. Please consult with your veterinarian for additional information regarding your dog’s shampoo, your veterinarian will be able to provide the best recommendation for your dog based on their medical conditions.Verified Answer