UltiCare VetRx U-40 Insulin Syringes Rx
Starting At $24.98
UltiCare VetRx U-40 Insulin Syringes Rx
Usually ships the same weekday before 3pm CT with veterinary approval.
Requires veterinary authorization.
Your pet's veterinarian will provide directions for use.
What are UltiCare VetRx U-40 Insulin Syringes for Dogs and Cats?
- Insulin is a hormone that is naturally produced by the pancreas to convert sugar (glucose) in the blood to energy for the body.
- Diabetic animals are either unable to produce their own insulin or cannot use it properly.
- Insulin injections help treat diabetes in cats and dogs by normalizing the glucose level in the blood.
- Insulin syringes are necessary for administering this important drug.
- U-40 insulin is divided into 40 dosing units per milliliter.
- U-40 insulin syringes are designed to inject U-40 insulin types, such as ProZinc and Vetsulin.
- These precision-engineered syringes make administering daily insulin shots accurate, easy, and effective.
- The sterile, latex-free syringes feature a silicone coated barrel and tri-beveled tip for comfort.
Why do cats and dogs use UltiCare U-40 Insulin Syringes?
- Insulin is prescribed to dogs and cats with diabetes mellitus to help lower their blood sugar.
- Insulin is an ongoing, supportive treatment for diabetes.
- Insulin must be injected subcutaneously, or below the skin, using a syringe or an insulin pen and pen needle.
What else should I know about UltiCare U-40 Insulin Syringes?
- VetRxDirect requires a prescription from a veterinarian to dispense syringes.
- High quality syringes to administer insulin.
- Tri-beveled tip and silicone coated barrel for your pet’s comfort.
- 100 per box -- 10 packs of 10 syringes.
- For use with U-40 insulin only.
- 3/10 cc syringes hold up to 12 units of insulin. It may be easier to accurately dose small doses of insulin, such as one unit, with 3/10 cc syringes.
- 1/2 cc syringes hold up to 20 units of insulin.
- 1 cc syringes hold up to 40 units of insulin.
- Half-unit markings make it easier to accurately draw up doses of half-units.
- Syringes in sharps containers come in a container to use to safely dispose of used syringes.
- U-40 syringes and U-100 syringes are NOT the same. Looking for U-100 syringes?
What problems could my dog or cat have with UltiCare U-40 Insulin Syringes?
- U-40 syringes and U-100 syringes are NOT interchangeable.
- You can only accurately select a U-40 insulin dose with a U-40 syringe.
- It is very important that you select the correct dosing system syringe in order to not overdose or underdose insulin to your dog or cat.
How do you use UltiCare U-40 Insulin Syringes?
- Syringes should be used one time only.
- Contact your local waste management or check SafeNeedleDisposal.org on how to dispose of the syringes properly.
What is in UltiCare U-40 Insulin Syringes?
- UltiCare syringes are latex-free and feature a silicone coated barrel and tri-beveled tip for injection comfort.
- Sold by box of 100 syringes.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- UltiCare is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the UltiCare U-40 Insulin Syringes?
- Dogs and cats may use insulin and UltiCare U-40 Insulin Syringes for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
68 total reviews
Rated 4.85 out of 5 stars
100% of respondents would recommend this to a friend
60 5 star reviews
6 4 star reviews
2 3 star reviews
0 2 star reviews
0 1 star reviews
Most Liked Positive Review
I bought these insulin surenges for my diabetic dog several times!! They Always arrive in a timely manner and even come with a sharps container!
Most Liked Negative Review
This product is a little harder to determine if the needle is in all of the in
Excellent syringeFrom UndisclosedComments about UltiCare VetRx U-40 Insulin Syringes 1/2cc, 29G, 1/2 inch, 100ctThese are perfect for administering my beagle's Vetsulin -- she doesn't even cringe!
The syringes help to give my dog his insulin.From UndisclosedComments about UltiCare VetRx U-40 Insulin Syringes 1cc, 29G, 1/2 inch, 100ctMy vet suggested these syringes for my diabetic dog. I had never given any kind of shot to anyone, but my old boy was patient and it didn't take long for both of us to get the hang of it.
Syringes and disposable needle binFrom UndisclosedComments about UltiCare VetRx U-40 Insulin Syringes 3/10cc, 29G, 1/2 inch, 100ct, Sharps ContainerVery nice easy to use syringes with a disposable needle bin connected. Neat and convenient.
Always very helpful, professional, and prompt.From UndisclosedComments about UltiCare VetRx U-40 Insulin Syringes 3/10cc, 29G, 1/2 inch, 100ctAlways very helpful, professional, and prompt.
SyringesFrom UndisclosedComments about UltiCare VetRx U-40 Insulin Syringes 1/2cc, 29G, 1/2 inch, 100ctMy best friend got diagnosed with Diabetes and those tiny syringes with insulin letting him yo eat his favorite foods.
Ollie is diabetic, was blind, had cataract surgery is fine.From UndisclosedComments about UltiCare VetRx U-40 Insulin Syringes 3/10cc, 29G, 1/2 inch, 100ct, Sharps ContainerShipping was very fast, the cost a little high, however very well packaged.
Helped my petFrom UndisclosedComments about UltiCare VetRx U-40 Insulin Syringes 1/2cc, 29G, 1/2 inch, 100ctCompetitive pricing and delivered to my door
Helped with everyday use.From UndisclosedComments about UltiCare VetRx U-40 Insulin Syringes 1cc, 29G, 1/2 inch, 100ctThis is what the Vet recommended for her insulin use.
This helps keep my dog aliveFrom UndisclosedComments about UltiCare VetRx U-40 Insulin Syringes 1/2cc, 29G, 1/2 inch, 100ctMy dog has had diabetes and the ease of purchasing his needles through this website has truly made it easier to manage his situation
The best in diabetic supplies for petsFrom UndisclosedComments about UltiCare VetRx U-40 Insulin SyringesThe best place to purchase my pet's diabetes syringes. Fast service and save money too!
Displaying Reviews 1 - 10
Q & A
Our dog was recently diagnosed with diabetes requiring 28 units of insulin twice per day. We were given 1/2cc syringes which is requiring 4 syringes per day. (2 for each 28u dose) Would the 1 cc syringe hold the entire 28 units letting us only have to inject our pet once per dose rather then twice? Probably a dumb question but I wanted to be sure. This is all new to us?
The 1cc UltiCare VetRx U-40 insulin syringes dose up to 40 units of insulin. Therefore, the 1 cc syringe can be used to administer 28 units in a single syringe.Verified Answer
Is a prescription required for purchase of products?
A prescription from a veterinarian is required for the purchase of UltiCare VetRx U-40 insulin syringes from VetRxDirect. Please consult your veterinarian regarding questions or concerns regarding this product.Verified Answer
is 7 units on a ul 40 .3ml syringe the same dosage amt.as 7 units on a ul 40 .5ml?
As long as the syringes are both U-40 insulin syringes, 7 units on one syringe will equal 7 units on the other.Verified Answer
Do you manufacture the UltiCare VetRx syringes? If not, who does and how can I get in touch with them??
No, VetRxDirect does not manufacture the UltiCare VetRx syringes. UltiCare is the manufacturer and can be reached at 1-877-854-3434 between 8 AM and 4 PM Monday-Friday. You can also visit their website at www.ulticare.com.Verified Answer
I like the U40, 3/10cc, 1/2" needle, 29 gauge needle that come in paks of 10-the bag is purple with cat paws down the side and the syringe is marked with black ink in 1 unit increments 1-12 and has a red cap- are these the correct ones? Can't really see the units written on the side in the photo?
The UltiCare VetRx U40 29 Gauge x ½" needles x 3/10 cc syringes have full unit increments on a scale from 1-12 with black markings and a red cap. There are 100 per box, 10 packs of 10 syringes, and they can be purchased with or without the sharps container. They also come in purple packaging.Verified Answer
Are these latex free??
Yes, these syringes are sterile, latex-free syringes that feature a silicone coated barrel and tri-beveled tip for comfort.Verified Answer
Hello I only want the 3/10 cc needles, but you sell it with the container, which I don't want because I already have one. Do you guys sell that type of needle by itself??
Unfortunately, we only have needles with the sharps container in that size needle size. Thank you, VetRxDirectVerified Answer
I need 1/2 cc 29 gauge 1/2 inch MEDIUM DOSE. But the picture shows LOW DOSE. Do you have medium dose??
Lizette, The UltiCare syringes that we carry, in the U-40, 1/2cc, 29 gauge, 1/2-inch size, are listed on the box as being a medium dose syringe. The picture shows two different size syringes, and the low dose syringes pictured are a 3/10cc syringe. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer
Displaying Questions 1 - 8