Terramycin (oxytetracycline) Eye Ointment
Starting At $25.99
Terramycin (oxytetracycline) Eye Ointment
In StockFree shipping when you buy 3 or with a $59 order
Guaranteed lowest authorized price. Learn more.
Usually ships the same weekday before 3pm CT.
We are unable to ship this product to California.
What is Terramycin Eye Ointment for Dogs and Cats?
- Terramycin is an eye ointment that combines two antibiotics, Oxytetracycline and Polymyxin-B.
- Terramycin works against certain groups of bacteria, fungi, and other organisms that affect the eye.
- A prescription is required to dispense Terramycin to California.
Why do cats and dogs use Terramycin?
- Terramycin may aid in the treatment of eye conditions such as pink eye, keratitis, conjunctivitis, or other bacterial infections.
- Terramycin is not effective for viral infections or injuries.
What else should I know about Terramycin?
- Contains 2 antibiotics.
- Broad spectrum protection.
- May aid in treating certain eye conditions.
- Helps reduce infections.
- Petroleum base.
- Store Terramycin at room temperature or in the refrigerator, away from moisture and sunlight.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Terramycin?
- Some cats are extremely allerigic to Terramycin. Contact your veterinarian immediately if you notice difficult or noisy breathing or swelling of the throat.
- Do not use the Terramycin if it changes color.
How do you use Terramycin?
- Consult with your veterinarian before using Terramycin. Follow your veterinarian's directions.
- Use proper administation techniques to avoid contaminating the medication. Keep the cap on when not in use.
- Wait 5 minutes after applying Terramycin before applying any other eye medications.
What is in Terramycin?
- Terramycin contains two antibiotics that work in different ways to kill bacteria.
- Polymixin-B is an aminoglycoside antibiotic.
- Oxytetracycline is a tetracycline antibiotic.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Terramycin is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Terramycin?
- Terramycin contains an antibiotic. Resistance is a major concern when using antibiotics. To help avoid resistance, it is important for you to use this for as long as your veterinarian has prescribed, even if you dog or cat is looking and feeling better.
Who makes Terramycin?
- Terramycin is made by the manufacturer Zoetis.
25 total reviews
Rated 4.88 out of 5 stars
100% of respondents would recommend this to a friend
23 5 star reviews
1 4 star reviews
1 3 star reviews
0 2 star reviews
0 1 star reviews
Most Liked Positive Review
Works like a charm!
I ordered this to clear up a case of conjunctivitis that our recently adopted 7-month-old kitten had. My wife applied it to the kitten in the evening, and we started seeing results the next morning. We applied the ointment twice a day, for 10 days. It's been almost 2 weeks since the last application, and our kitten is fine.
Most Liked Negative Review
It worked very well for my older cat, Thank God :)))
It did work for my older cat :)))
Helpful eye ointmentFrom UndisclosedComments about Terramycin (oxytetracycline) Eye Ointment 1/8oz TubeThis eye ointment is great. I have had several cats over the years & only realized that this can be purchased without a prescription recently. I had one cat who would get frequent eye infections & the vet prescribed this med regularly. Of course, I always had to go to the vet & pay for a visit as well as the med. I wish I had known that I could order it because that would've definitely saved money. This ointment has been effective in treating any eye infection that my cats have gotten over the years.
This medicine help my petFrom New hampshireComments about Terramycin (oxytetracycline) Eye OintmentI need it for my cat's eye it help her out and really like it
I would definitely buy this product again.From UndisclosedComments about Terramycin (oxytetracycline) Eye OintmentOrdered this to help clear up an eye infection for my 5 week old kitten and it worked better than the prescribed ophthalmic gel her Veterinarian gave me. Highly recommend this product.
Fantastic productFrom UndisclosedComments about Terramycin (oxytetracycline) Eye OintmentAnyone that has had to battle the "barn" crud in kittens eyes will understand the struggle. This ointment is awesome! After a few applications, kitty eyes are cleared up. I always have it on hand.
Great product:From UndisclosedComments about Terramycin (oxytetracycline) Eye OintmentThis is a great product! I have a hairy Lhasa Also. Between the hair & allergies we have problems with her eyes. This keeps her eyes clear & healthy. Used to have to pay Veterinarian bill & antibiotic & allergy medicine.! This makes she & I happy! Thanks!
YesFrom UndisclosedComments about Terramycin (oxytetracycline) Eye OintmentWorked as prescribed
I would buy this product againFrom UndisclosedComments about Terramycin (oxytetracycline) Eye OintmentThis is the 1st choice of eye meds 4 our cats & kittens. It is much cheaper through VetRXDirect & doesn't need a prescription.
Very effective for minor eye issuesFrom UndisclosedComments about Terramycin (oxytetracycline) Eye OintmentWanted to use this ointment to treat a feral kitten but it disappeared and we didn't have a chance to use it. However, we have purchased this before, and it has been quite effective in clearing up minor eye issues. You just need to apply a tiny amount, so the small tube goes a long way.
Works great for kitty pink eyeFrom UndisclosedComments about Terramycin (oxytetracycline) Eye OintmentWorked great for my kitty's pink eye! Fast results
This is my "go to" product for eye infections in all animalsFrom undisclosedComments about Terramycin (oxytetracycline) Eye OintmentExcellent product for eye infections. No waste,,and works quickly.
Displaying Reviews 1 - 10
Q & A
kitten is 5 week old can they take the medicine?
Unfortunately, there is no data on use in kittens. Please follow up with your veterinarian before using Terramycin to ensure proper treatment for your kitten’s infection.Verified Answer
how often and how much do need to apply for prevention??
The manufacturer recommends using Terramycin (oxytetracycline) Eye Ointment 2 to 4 times per day. Frequency of application and duration of treatment will depend on factors specific to your situation. Contact your veterinarian to ensure Terramycin is appropriate and to not delay proper treatment for your pet.Verified Answer
Is this medication harmful if used on pregnant dogs??
do I apply the ointment inside the eyelid or outside??
Terramycin should be applied on the inside of the eyelid for proper administration. Always follow your veterinarian's instructions.Verified Answer
can this be used before grooming to protect the eye as my yorkie has dry eyes need an ointment to put in her eyes just before grooming if this is not the one I need can you please tell me which one I should use thank you s.demoss?
Terramycin eye ointment contains two antibiotics, oxytetracycline and polymyxin. This medication is a prescription medication that a veterinarian might prescribe to treat or prevent an eye infection. Discuss your concerns with your veterinarian, and he or she will be able to determine if this antibiotic eye ointment is best for your pet.Verified Answer
Displaying Questions 1 - 5