Spironolactone (Generic) Rx
Starting At $0.37 per tablet
Spironolactone (Generic) Rx
$0.37 per tablet
Usually ships the same weekday before 3pm CT with veterinary approval.
Requires veterinary authorization.
Your pet's veterinarian will provide directions for use.
What are Spironolactone Tablets for Dogs and Cats?
- Spironolactone is a prescription medication often used in the treatment of heart failure.
- Spironolactone works in the kidneys to help the body remove excess fluid and salt.
- Spironolactone helps the body to retain the potassium that is sometimes lost in large amounts when using other diuretics.
Why do cats and dogs use Spironolactone?
- Spironolactone is usually prescribed in combination with other drugs to treat heart failure and relieve extra pressure on the heart.
- Spironolactone is often used in combination with another diuretic, such as furosemide.
- Spironolactone may also be prescribed for dogs with liver failure to help reduce fluid build-up in the abdomen.
What else should I know about Spironolactone?
- Because Spironolactone can change salts and electrolytes in the blood, your veterinarian may ask for regular bloodwork. These tests are very important.
- Make sure your dog and cat have access to plenty of fresh, clean water while taking Spironolactone as the drug will make them drink and urinate more.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Spironolactone?
- Contact your veterinarian immediately if you see your dog or cat develop skin sores, facial itching, persistent or severe lack of appetite, vomiting, diarrhea, low energy, increased breathing rate or effort, or trouble walking or balancing.
- Contact your veterinarian immediately if your companion stops drinking or urinating.
How do you use Spironolactone?
- Wear gloves when handling Spironolactone tablets. Prolonged exposure to Spironolactone can cause birth defects, reproductive harm, cancer, or organ damage.
What is in Spironolactone?
- The drug Spironolactone is a diuretic that works in the kidneys to remove excess fluids and salt from the body.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Spironolactone is sold as an FDA approved generic drug. Brand may vary from order to order and variation to variation. We are unable to guarantee which brand will be available at the time of order shipment.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Spironolactone?
- Dogs and cats may use Spironolactone for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
6 total reviews
Rated 5.00 out of 5 stars
100% of respondents would recommend this to a friend
6 5 star reviews
0 4 star reviews
0 3 star reviews
0 2 star reviews
0 1 star reviews
Essential Medicine for a high level of quality of life.From UndisclosedComments about Spironolactone (Generic) 50mg TabletWe picked this medication because Scoop has health issues, including seizures and heart failure. These meds and critical for his survival and to keep his quality of life at a high level. He looks pretty good for almost 12 years old. We give him his pills with a small amount of peanut butter. He is the love of our lives......
Spironolactone is beneficial to treat CHFFrom UndisclosedComments about Spironolactone (Generic) 25mg TabletMy dog Star has Congestive Heart Failure and Spironolactone, along with several other medications, are crucial to help her heart function better. They help her have a better quality of life, a potentially longer life, and for that I am extremely thankful.
We receive our Spinorolactone/ Lasix/Enalapril from VetRxFrom UndisclosedComments about Spironolactone (Generic) 25mg TabletLucky is my Maltese, he is 13 1/2 years old and has been suffering from Congestive heart failure for over 3 years but with the help of medications from VetRx direct he's still active just can't run like before as he gets short of breath
I will be buying all my meds here.From UndisclosedComments about Spironolactone (Generic)Love this product.
This medication is keeping my cat alive!From High Point, NCComments about Spironolactone (Generic)My 4-year-old cat has congestive heart failure. Once he reached the maximum dosage possible for furosemide, we thought we were out of options. This medication was added to his other medications and its potassium-restoring benefits has added months to his life! He hasn't needed a boost in medication since starting on this three months ago.
This is really goodFrom Brawley, CA, USAComments about Spironolactone (Generic)I bought this because my veterinary is kind of far from my house to pick up every month so this makes my life easier and my dogs too. this arrived really fast and was packed well I will buy more in the future thank you so much.
Displaying Reviews 1 - 6
Q & A
Are the 25 mg tablets scored??
The Spironolactone tablets that we currently carry are not scored, but this may vary based on the manufacturer. The manufacturer of generic drugs depends on availability at the time of shipment. Human-labeled generic drugs for extra-label use in pets are sold and shipped generically unless the brand is specifically requested by your pet's veterinarian. If you need a specific manufacturer, you will need to contact our pharmacy directly.Verified Answer
My veterinarian prescribed Spirononlactone 10 mg. I can only find 25 mg. How do I get 10 mg??
The lowest dose of spironolactone that is formulated in the United States is 25mg. Speak with your veterinarian about how to obtain the 10mg dose. Thank you, VetRxDirectVerified Answer
my heart doctor gave me spironolactone to take. they give this to animals to /?
Many human medications are also prescribed for pets, including spirnolactone. Your pet's veterinarian would be able to decide if this medication would be right for your pet. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer
Displaying Questions 1 - 3