Sotalol HCl (Generic) Rx
Starting At $0.18 per tablet
Sotalol HCl (Generic) Rx
$0.18 per tablet
Usually ships the same weekday before 3pm CT with veterinary approval.
Requires veterinary authorization.
Your pet's veterinarian will provide directions for use.
What are Sotalol Tablets for Dogs and Cats?
- Sotalol is a prescription drug used to treat rapid heart rates in dogs and cats caused by heart disease.
- Rapid heart rates may lead to arrhythmias causing the heart to pump inefficiently.
- If the heart isn’t pumping blood properly, oxygenated blood may not be able to reach different areas of the body.
Why do cats and dogs use Sotalol?
- Sotalol is prescribed to slow down rapid heart rates and to prevent heart rhythm problems.
What else should I know about Sotalol?
- Your veterinarian may start with a low dose and gradually increase the dose to avoid side effects. Follow-up visits or blood work may be important.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Sotalol?
- Common side effects include lack of energy, weakness, poor appetite, vomiting, slow heart rate, and collapse. Contact your veterinarian if you see these signs.
- Side effects of Sotalol are more likely if the dose is too high.
- Call your veterinarian immediately if your dog or cat has trouble breathing.
How do you use Sotalol?
- It is best to give Sotalol on an empty stomach. Follow your veterinarian's directions.
- Do not stop giving Sotalol without discussing it with your veterinarian.
What is in Sotalol?
- The drug Sotalol is a beta-adrenergic blocker.
- Sotalol blocks the effects of the hormone epinephrine, also known as adrenaline, causing the heart to beat more slowly and with less force.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Sotalol is sold as an FDA approved generic drug. Brand may vary from order to order and variation to variation. We are unable to guarantee which brand will be available at the time of order shipment.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Sotalol?
- Dogs and cats may use Sotalol for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
10 total reviews
Rated 4.90 out of 5 stars
0% of respondents would recommend this to a friend
9 5 star reviews
1 4 star reviews
0 3 star reviews
0 2 star reviews
0 1 star reviews
this helpedFrom UndisclosedComments about Sotalol HCl (Generic) 80mg Tabletso far it has helped him
Scout a happy healthy AussieFrom UndisclosedComments about Sotalol HCl (Generic) 80mg TabletScout loves taking his medicine in his food.
This medication was for heart disease, it surely helped.From UndisclosedComments about Sotalol HCl (Generic) 120mg TabletMy Dog Sammy has a heart condition. He has a cardiologist this was recommended. On his six month check up he was much better.
Essential medicationFrom UndisclosedComments about Sotalol HCl (Generic) 80mg TabletThis is a heart medication prescribed by my dog's cardiologist. It's what is keeping him alive. I get his refills in a timely and hassle free manner.
Always Use PetRXDirect!From San Diego CAComments about Sotalol HCl (Generic)Great customer service. Fast shipping. Great prices.
I will always use PetRXDirectFrom UndisclosedComments about Sotalol HCl (Generic)Excellent customer service! Great prices.
Great price and works well for our dog with heart disease!From undisclosedComments about Sotalol HCl (Generic)Great price (best we have found for the dose) and works well for our dog with heart disease! Great and prompt service as always.
My girls < 3 CareFrom undisclosedComments about Sotalol HCl (Generic)Keeps my girls heart steady
Happy & healthy Boxer thanks to Medication.From Los Angeles, CA, USAComments about Sotalol HCl (Generic)My Boxer Lucky depends on Sotalol for his heart problem. It's sent out quickly and is working great on my sweet doggie.
SotalolFrom worcesrer, maComments about Sotalol HCl (Generic)I buy this every 2 months due to my boxer buster has an heart arythmia. Vetdirect is usually quick worth delivery. I'm very happy with this product.
Displaying Reviews 1 - 10
Q & A
My boxer is 14 years old and has boxer cadiomyopathy. She is approx. 70lbs. recommended dosage of 120mb Sotalol per day??
Sotalol requires a prescription and direct veterinarian oversight. One standard dosage does not suffice for all dogs, as factors (e.g. weight, age, kidney function, disease severity, etc.) affect the dosing decision. The veterinarian will use his/her clinical judgment to determine the optimal dosage for your dog, and this could be greater than or less than the standard dosing recommendations. Please consult your veterinarian for further questions regarding your dog’s sotalol dosage.Verified Answer
My dog has been on sotalol for 2-3 weeks. She is recently showing signs of incomtinemce. Is that a side affect of sotalol or a combination of sotalol and her other meds (Galiprant, Gabapentin, and pimobendan $?
According to the veterinary information, none of the listed medications contained incontinence as a potential side effect. However, there have been some case reports of pimobendan causing incontinence. You should contact your veterinarian before starting or stopping any medications and for further questions.Verified Answer
My dog took a 40 mg sotalol tablet by mistake. She is 1 1/2 years on no other meds but reaction 10 mg. Do I have anything to worry about?
Taking to much Sotalol can cause adverse symptoms such as low blood pressure, slow heart rate, or even a change in the way the heart beats. Please contact your veterinarian as soon as possible to determine any adverse effects for your dog.Verified Answer
My12 yr old Boxer has been on sotalol about 1&1/2 yrs. Lately she has became weak in her hind legs and stumbles. Is this a side affect of this drug? She takes 1 &1/2 tabs every 12 hrs. Should this drug be changed ?Thank you for any info. on this drug.?
Lorna, Sotalol is in a class known as Beta Blockers. This class of drugs may cause some weakness and fatigue. Please consult your veterinarian for further advice and treatment. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer
Displaying Questions 1 - 4