What are Sertraline HCl (Generic) Tablets for Dogs and Cats?
- Sertraline HCl is a prescription antidepressant that may be used to treat behavior problems in dogs and cats such as aggression or anxiety.
- Sertraline may also be prescribed for inappropriate elimination in cats or obsessive-compulsive behaviors in cats or dogs.
- In horses, Sertraline may be given to stop them from weaving.
Why is Sertraline used for cats and dogs?
- Cats with anxiety, aggression, inappropriate elimination, or obsessive-compulsive behaviors may be given Sertraline.
- Dogs with behavior issues such as anxiety, aggression, or obsessive-compulsive behaviors may be given Sertraline.
What else should I know about Sertraline?
- When given to cats and dogs for behavior treatment, Sertraline works best when pets are also in a behavior modification program.
- It may take several days or weeks to determine if the Sertraline is having the desired effect.
- Your dog or cat will need periodic exams and blood tests from your veterinarian while they are taking Sertraline.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Sertraline?
- Common side effects of Sertraline are sleepiness and reduced appetite.
- Rare but serious side effects include seizures and aggression. Contact your veterinarian immediately if you notice these signs.
- Overdoses of Sertraline can be serious. Keep the medication out of reach of children and animals.
- Do not use flea collars while your dog or cat is taking Sertraline. Make sure you tell your veterinarian if you have used a flea collar within the past two weeks before starting your dog or cat on Sertraline.
- Sertraline should not be given to animals who are taking or in the past 14 days have taken a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) such as selegilline or amitraz.
How do you use Sertraline?
- Sertraline may be given with or without food. Follow your veterinarian's recommendation.
- Aged cheeses may interact with Sertraline. Do not give your cat or dog aged cheeses while they are taking Sertraline.
What is in Sertraline?
- Sertraline is an antidepressant that is a Selective Seratonin Reuptake Inhibitor (SSRI). SSRIs make more Sertatonin available to pass messages between nerves by blocking it being absorbed back into nerve cells.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Sertraline is sold as an FDA approved generic drug. Brand may vary from order to order and variation to variation. We are unable to guarantee which brand will be available at the time of order shipment.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Sertraline?
- Dogs and cats may use Sertraline for different lengths of time. However, serious side effects could result from stopping Sertraline abruptly. Please consult your veterinarian before stopping Sertraline or if you have any questions.
Ok for behavior problemsFrom UndisclosedComments about Sertraline HCl (Generic) 25mg Tablet
Sertraline HCLFrom UndisclosedComments about Sertraline HCl (Generic) 25mg Tablet