Semintra (telmisartan oral solution) Rx
Starting At $118.49
Semintra (telmisartan oral solution) Rx
In StockQualifies for free shipping
Guaranteed lowest authorized price. Learn more.
Usually ships the same weekday before 3pm CT with veterinary approval.
Requires veterinary authorization.
Your pet's veterinarian will provide directions for use.
What is Semintra Oral Solution for Cats?
- Semintra is a prescription blood pressure medication for cats that contains the drug Telmisartan.
- Telmisartan reduces high blood pressure, also known as hypertension.
Why do cats use Semintra?
- Semintra is prescribed to lower high blood pressure in cats with hypertension.
What else should I know about Semintra?
- Your veterinarian ask to schedule regular blood pressure checkups during treatment with Semintra to ensure that it is working.
- Semintra should be discarded within 6 months after opening.
What problems could my cat have with Semintra?
- Semintra may cause side effects such as diarrhea, vomiting, lack of appetite, fatigue, or low blood pressure. Signs of low blood pressure include fainting, weakness, and tiring easily.
- Telmisartan may cause birth defects and should not be used in pregnant animals.
How do you use Semintra?
- It is best to give Semintra on an empty stomach. Follow your veterinarian's directions.
- Telmisartan may cause birth defects. Pregnant women should wear gloves and be very careful if handling Semintra.
What is in Semintra?
- Semintra contains the drug Telmisartan.
- Telmisartan is an angiotensin-II receptor antagonist, a type of medication which prevents the blood vessels from constricting to help lower blood pressure and improve blood flow.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Semintra is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my cat to finish all of the Semintra?
- Cats may use Semintra for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
4 total reviews
Rated 4.00 out of 5 stars
0% of respondents would recommend this to a friend
3 5 star reviews
0 4 star reviews
0 3 star reviews
0 2 star reviews
1 1 star reviews
Dangerous MedicineFrom NJComments about Semintra (telmisartan oral solution)My cat was on this medicine for only two weeks and four days and went for a checkup to see how her blood pressure was. It turned out to be dangerously low so my vet told me to stop giving it to my cat immediately. Also during the two weeks and four days, my cat lost a pound because she had lost her appetite due to this medicine and was super thirsty all the time. I really hope Semintra didn't cause kidney damage! My cat is also super congested now so I believe she had an allergic reaction to Semintra. I have another vet appointment in two days to see how her blood pressure is and if we can start her on amlodipine instead. I really believe that Semintra was slowly poisoning my cat and I plan on filing a complaint directly with the manufacturer.
Great Service and product!From UndisclosedComments about Semintra (telmisartan oral solution) 10mg/mL, 35mLOur 12 year old boy, Oliver needs special medicine and it's been hard to find, but was easily available at VetRxDirect! The communication and service was seamless. We even received a special cookie with the order! So cute!!
Super easy to use!From UndisclosedComments about Semintra (telmisartan oral solution)Super easy as I can just mix the liquid in with my cat's wet food and he doesn't even notice! Plus it is helping to keep his blood pressure under control.
Will use VetRx for future purchases.From UndisclosedComments about Semintra (telmisartan oral solution)My Biewer Terrier suffers from proteinuria. The vet initially placed him on enapril that did nothing for him. We then tried Semintra which has primarily used in cats but has recently been being utilized for dogs as well. Within a couple months and some mild dose tweaking, his numbers are better than ever. VetRX was also a great find as Semintra is $40 less through them than my vet. Additionally customer service was excellent - I received the product within a couple days and it arrived well packaged and in good condition.
Displaying Reviews 1 - 4
Q & A
Hello — When will Semintra be back in stock? Thank you.?
Unfortunately, this product is on back order from the manufacturer as of 1/22/21. We hope to get this product back in stock, but we do not know when that will be. If you would like to see if we have any more specific information available about the availability of this product, you can contact our pharmacy technicians via email at [email protected]Verified Answer
When will this be back in stock??
This medication is currently in stock on our websiteVerified Answer
how much is the 35ml package of Semintra for hypertension??
Please consult our website for current pricing information. If you have further questions please contact customer service via email at [email protected] or by phone at 866.761.6578 or by using the chat window found at the bottom of any page. Contact information is available on our site at: https://www.vetrxdirect.com/contactVerified Answer
Displaying Questions 1 - 3