What is MegaFlex by Rx Vitamins for Dogs and Cats?
- MegaFlex is a supplement for dogs and cats that nourishes and supports their joints.
- It works to help improve flexibility and may reduce joint discomfort from daily exercise and activity.
- MegaFlex includes glucosamine, MSM, sea cucumber, and vitamin C to maintain joint lubrication and strength.
Why is MegaFlex used for cats and dogs?
- MegaFlex nutritional supplement supports healthy joints, connective tissue, and flexibility with its combination of ingredients including glucosamine, MSM, and sea cucumber.
What else should I know about MegaFlex?
- One 600 gram bottle of powder contains 60 scoops.
- Store tightly closed in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.
What problems could my dog or cat have with MegaFlex?
- Keep out of reach of children and animals.
- In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately.
- If lameness worsens, discontinue use and contact your veterinarian.
- Consult with your veterinarian before use, especially if your dog or cat has a clotting disorder, diabetes, any metabolic disorder causing hyperglycemia, history of urinary tract stones, allergies to shellfish, or is being treated with anticoagulants.
How do you use MegaFlex?
- Give as directed by your veterinarian.
- Give during or after a meal to reduce incidence of gastrointestinal upset.
- Manufacturer's suggested use: Dogs and cats up to 50 lbs, 1/4 to 1/2 scoop. Dogs 50 to 75 lbs, 3/4 scoop. Dogs 75 to 100 lbs, 1 level scoop. Dogs over 100 lbs, 1 heaping scoop. Dosage may be doubled for initial 4 to 8 weeks for a more rapid response.
- Manufacturer's suggested use: Dogs up to 50 lbs, 1 capsule. Dogs 50 to 75 lbs, 2 capsules. Dogs 75 to 100 lbs, 4 capsules. Dogs over 100 lbs, 6 capsules. Dosage may be doubled for initial 4 to 8 weeks for a more rapid response.
What is in MegaFlex?
- Active ingredients per 1 scoop: Glucosamine Sulfate 1000 mg, MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) 500 mg, Sea Cucumber (pseudo-colochirus axiologus) 300 mg, Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) 10 mg.
- Inactive ingredients: Chicory Root, Mung Bean Extract, Maltodextrin.
- Active ingredients per 4 capsules: Glucosamine Sulfate 1000 mg, MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) 500 mg, Sea Cucumber (pseudo-colochirus axiologus) 300 mg, Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) 10 mg.
- Inactive ingredients: Gelatin, Glycerin, Silica, Water.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- MegaFlex is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the MegaFlex?
- Dogs and cats may use MegaFlex for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
Who makes MegaFlex?
- MegaFlex is made by the manufacturer Rx Vitamins.
No longer needs a ramp to climb steps.From UndisclosedComments about MegaFlex 600gm Powder
Definitely recommend this productFrom UndisclosedComments about MegaFlex
Will continue to use this product and recommendFrom UndisclosedComments about MegaFlex
Buy this for your older or injured pets.From UndisclosedComments about MegaFlex
Q & A
What is the difference between Mega Flex and Nutri Flex as far as when it is best to us one over the other??
According to the manufacturer, MegaFlex is recommended over NutriFlex due to the flexibility of dosing either capsules or powder and is generally more cost effective especially for larger dogs. MegaFlex may also be considered more palatable than the NutriFlex chew tabVerified Answer
Is Mega Flex contraindicated for a 15 year old cat with hyperthyroidism and Renal failure Stage 2? I am not sure if the sea cucumber has significant amounts of iodine in it. My Vet is not 100% sure if the sea cucumber is safe for her.?
According to the manufacturer, one tablespoon of the sea cucumber contains 0.05 ppm of iodine. The recommended dose of MegaFlex for a cat is ¼ tsp per day. Thus, the amount of iodine per dose of MegaFLex would be 1/12 of 0.05 ppm. Speak with your veterinarian to determine if this product will fit your cat’s needsVerified Answer
Do I need a prescription from my vet ? Because my dog already use this everyday. And the expiration date??