We're sorry, this product is no longer available.
Gentle Snackers have been discontinued by the manufacturer. Please contact your veterinarian for suggestions of similar treats.
What are Gentle Snackers for Dogs by Purina ProPlan?
- Gentle Snackers make snack time fun for dogs with even the most sensitive systems.
- These hypoallergenic, tasty dog treats are formulated specifically for dogs that have allergies to certain proteins or have sensitive gastrointestinal tracts.
Why are Gentle Snackers used for dogs?
- Gentle Snackers hypoallergenic dog treats are specially formulated treats that contain a single source of protein and have a low molecular weight so they’re easily digestible.
- Gentle Snackers complement the HA, DRM, and EN Purina Veterinary Diets and are ideal for dogs with food allergies and gastrointestinal issues.
What else should I know about Gentle Snackers?
- Perfect for dogs with sensitive systems and food allergies.
- Low molecular weight and easy to digest.
- Single hydrolyzed protein source.
- Great tasting.
How do you use Gentle Snackers?
- Give as directed by your veterinarian to supplement regular meals.
What is in Gentle Snackers?
- 14 kcal per piece.
- Guaranteed analysis: Crude Protein min 16%, Crude Fat min 7.5%, Crude Fiber max 5%, Moisture max 12%.
- Ingredients: Starch, hydrolyzed soy protein isolate, vegetable oil, dicalcium phosphate, oat fiber, powdered cellulose, partially hydrogenated canola oil preserved with TBHQ, potassium chloride, guar gum, lecithin, corn oil, choline chloride, magnesium oxide, DL-Methionine, salt, taurine, Vitamin E supplement, zinc sulfate, niacin, ferrous sulfate, calcium carbonate, manganese sulfate, Vitamin A supplement, calcium pantothenate, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin supplement, Vitamin B-12 supplement, copper sulfate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, Vitamin D-3 supplement, garlic oil, biotin, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of Vitamin K activity), calcium iodate, sodium selenite.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Gentle Snackers is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog to finish all of the Gentle Snackers?
- Dogs may use Gentle Snackers for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
Who makes Gentle Snackers?
- Gentle Snackers is made by the manufacturer Purina.
25 total reviews
Rated 4.48 out of 5 stars
88% of respondents would recommend this to a friend
21 5 star reviews
1 4 star reviews
0 3 star reviews
0 2 star reviews
3 1 star reviews
Most Liked Positive Review
Coco (the dog) is crazy about Gentle Snackers.
This is the only treat that my daughter will give to her dog. And, the dog LOVES them! Coco at the "Taco Bell" window waiting for her Gentle Snacker for being a good dog and doing her business outside.
Most Liked Negative Review
I am disappointed that the taste of the snackers have changed since the PVD changed to PPVD gentle snackers. Since the change, my dog won't eat them and there isn't another treat I can give her with her stomach problem.
Sensitive stomachFrom UndisclosedComments about Gentle Snackers 8oz BagMy dog has a sensitive stomach and these treats do not bother her and she loves them
Great snacksFrom UndisclosedComments about Gentle Snackers 8oz BagCharlotte is on hydrolyzed diet and needed her snacks. She loves them.
yesFrom UndisclosedComments about Gentle Snackers 8oz BagOur two Yorkshire Terriers absolutely love "Snackers." They know where they where the Snackers are stored and also know that after every successful outdoor "potty" run a Snacker is waiting for them!
Happy dog!From LA, CAComments about Gentle SnackersOne of only a few treats my dog is allowed to have because of IBD. So happy for her and glad she likes it!
great for allergic dogsFrom vancouver, waComments about Gentle Snackersbeen using this product for years. only treat my dog can have.
Recommended treatFrom monterey park, caComments about Gentle SnackersSuspicion my 10 wk old puppy may have food allergies so the Dermatologist put him on a Hypoallergenic Diet with Gentle Snackers as a treat he could have. Turns out he has environmental allergies but he loves these so much 3 yrs later I still buy them for him.
will buy again, excellent priceFrom Vancouver, WAComments about Gentle Snackersmy allergic dog can only have these treats.
The only treat I can give my dogFrom Washington, DCComments about Gentle SnackersThese are the only treats I can give my dog due to digestive issues. I am very please with these. They do not upset her sensitive stomach.
Gentle snackersFrom Bloomington,MnComments about Gentle SnackersMy vet recommended them
great for allergic dogsFrom vancouver, WAComments about Gentle Snackersgreat product
Displaying Reviews 1 - 10
Q & A
When are you getting more of this product? I can't find anywhere :(?
This product has been discontinued by the manufacturer. At this time, we do not know if or when this product will be available again. For more information, you may consider contacting the manufacturer Purina directly.Verified Answer
How often do you give these??
The manufacturer does not give a recommendation on how often to give these. They do say that the caloric intake from treats should not exceed 10% of the dog’s total daily caloric requirements. Each Gentle Snackers treat contains approximately 14 kcal of energy. Consult with your veterinarian about how often to give this snack if you have further questions.Verified Answer
Is this product hypoallergenic? I have a dog that is now on a strict hypoallergenic diet- no animal products and no flavorings that are not natural.?
According to the manufacturer, Gentle Snackers are hypoallergenic.Verified Answer
Do you take PAYPAL??
No, unfortunately not at this time. We take the 4 major credit cards. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer
WHAT KIND of of protein is in these> I may be interested but need that information. Thanks?
The protein is hydrolyzed soy protein isolate. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer
where is it produced, materials come from??
Lidia, According to Purina, the manufacturer of Gentle Snackers, the Gentle Snackers are produced in Davenport, Iowa. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer
Displaying Questions 1 - 6