What is Puralube Vet Ointment for Cats and Dogs by Dechra?
- Puralube Vet Ointment is a lubricant used to prevent further irritation of the eye in cats and dogs, or to relieve dryness of the eye in cats and dogs.
- Puralube Vet Ointment can also be used as a protectant during bathing or grooming.
Why is Puralube Vet Ointment given to cats and dogs?
- Lubricates dry, irritated eyes for dogs and cats.
- Long-lasting ointment.
- Mild, non-stinging formula.
What else should I know about Puralube Vet Ointment?
- Keep tightly closed.
- Store at room temperature.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Puralube Vet Ointment?
- If condition persists or increases, discontinue use and consult veterinarian.
- To avoid contamination, do not touch tip of container to any surface.
- Replace cap immediately after using.
- Keep out of reach of children and animals.
How do you use Puralube Vet Ointment?
- Used as directed by your veterinarian.
- Directions for both cats and dogs: Pull down the lower lid of the affected eye and apply a small amount (one-fourth inch) of ointment to the inside of the eyelid.
What is in Puralube Vet Ointment?
- Ingredients: White petrolatum and light mineral oil.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Puralube Vet Ointment is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Puralube Vet Ointment?
- Dogs and cats may use this product for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
Who makes Puralube Vet Ointment?
- Puralube Vet Ointmentis made by the manufacturer Dechra Veterinary Products.
Works!From UndisclosedComments about Puralube Vet Ointment 3.5g Tube
The eye lubricant is used daily. Thank you for helping meFrom UndisclosedComments about Puralube Vet Ointment 3.5g Tube
Help for irritated eyesFrom UndisclosedComments about Puralube Vet Ointment 3.5g Tube
This medication helped my pet's dry eyesFrom UndisclosedComments about Puralube Vet Ointment
I will definitely buy from VetRxDirect again !From UndisclosedComments about Puralube Vet Ointment
Eyesaver lifeline for my shih tzusFrom undisclosedComments about Puralube Vet Ointment
Always buyFrom undisclosedComments about Puralube Vet Ointment
puralube, good productFrom undisclosedComments about Puralube Vet Ointment
helps with red eyesFrom WAComments about Puralube Vet Ointment
Wonderful product, affordable price.From FloridaComments about Puralube Vet Ointment
Q & A
Hi. Do you know what the percentages are of light mineral oil and white petrolatum in this product? While it is out of stock, I wanted to find a good replacement. I have been trying Systane Ointment the last few days on my dog and it doesn't seem to work as well. Thanks!?
According to the manufacturing label the Puralube Vet Ointment contains 15% light mineral oil and 85% white petrolatum. Please consult your veterinarian regarding any further questions or concerns regarding this medication in your cat or dog.Verified Answer
Other than the addition of light mineral oil, what is the difference between Puralube and regular petroleum jelly??
Puralube is often preferred by some veterinarians for eye lubrication during anesthesia or for the treatment of dry eyes for your pet. The quality and sterility of products is important to consider when treating your pet’s eyes. Regular petroleum jelly has not been manufactured and packaged in a sterile environment. Puralube is a sterile light mineral oil and white petrolatum preparation. Mineral oil is added to alter the viscosity and opaqueness of the product. Other eye lubricant products may contain ingredients like lanolin, which your pet can also be sensitive to. It is important to speak with your pet’s veterinarian before choosing an alternate eye lubricant. He or she will be able to assist in picking the best product that is of the highest quality for your pet’s needs. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer
How often should this be applied? TY.?
ValinOR, The manufacturer does not make a recommendation in the product information as to how often the puralube is to be used. Frequency of application will vary from pet to pet and will depend on factors such as condition being treated and severity of condition. Eye irritation or dry eye may be caused by factors in which the use of puralube may delay proper treatment. Speak to veterinarian and ask if puralube would be appropriate for your pet. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer
Good Afternoon!I would like to buy 10-15 pcs of Puralube Vet Ointment. But I need it with long expiry date (later than 09/14 for 10 pcs and 02/15 for 15 pcs).I use one tube per month.Do you have such Items in stock? Do you ship them to Russia??
Mikhail, In general, we would do not recommend purchasing products you expect to use past about six months to be safely within the expiration date. Sorry, but VetRxDirect does not ship outside of the U.S. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer