What is ProQuiet for Cats and Dogs?
- ProQuiet is a calming supplement containing L-Tryptophan, Chamomile, and B-Vitamins to support a healthy nervous system.
Why is ProQuiet given to cats and dogs?
- ProQuiet can relax pets during times when they are stressed or destructive.
- ProQuiet may help with thunderstorms, fireworks, travel or motion sickness, grooming, mild separation anxiety, or episodic phobias.
What else should I know about ProQuiet?
- Tasty flavored chewable tablets.
- Store in a dry place.
What problems could my cat or dog have with ProQuiet?
- ProQuiet is intended for intermittent or supplemental feeding only.
- Do not give to animals younger than 16 weeks.
- Not recommended for use with tricyclic antidepressants or selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors.
- Keep out of reach of children and animals.
How do you use ProQuiet?
- Use as directed by your veterinarian.
- If the product appears to be less effective after a prolonged period of uninterrupted use, an occasional two day break may help maintain a higher level of effectiveness.
- Manufacturer's suggested use: Dogs and cats 3 to 24 lbs, 1/2 to 1 tablet daily. Dogs 25to 50 lbs, 1 tablet daily. Dogs 51 to 100 lbs, 2 tablets daily. Dogs over 100 lbs, 3 tablets daily. These amounts may be doubled if needed.
What is in ProQuiet?
- Guaranteed analysis per tablet: L-Tryptophan min 4.9%, Niacin (B3) 20 mg, Pyridoxine (B6) 5 mg, Folic Acid 0.045 mg, Vitamin B12 1 mg, Taurine min 4%.
- Ingredients: Dried Whey, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Pork Liver Meal, Vegetarian Beef Flavor, Vitamin B12 Supplement, L-Tryptophan, Taurine, Hops, Chamomile, Niacinamide, Brewer's Dried Yeast, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Ginger, Folic Acid.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- ProQuiet is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my cat or dog to finish all of the ProQuiet?
- Cats and dogs may use this product for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
Who makes ProQuiet?
- ProQuiet is made by the manufacturer Animal Health Options.
Kept my dog calmer without acting druggedFrom UndisclosedComments about ProQuiet 60 Tablets
Great product, better price!From UndisclosedComments about ProQuiet
Great productFrom Woodbury, NJ, USAComments about ProQuiet
Helps ease nightime anxietyFrom Phoenix, AZ, USAComments about ProQuiet
Q & A
Hi! I would like to know how much in mg of tryptophan there is in each pill? Also, a full declaration of ingredients would be great!?
According to the manufacturer’s product label, ProQuiet contains the following active ingredients: L-Tryptophan 120 mg, Niacin (B3) 20 mg, Pyridoxine (B6) 5 mg, Folic Acid 0.045 mg, Vitamin B12 1 mg, Taurine 4.0%. It contains the following inactive ingredients: Dried Whey, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Pork Liver Meal, Vegetarian Beef Flavor, Hops, Chamomile, Brewer’s Dried Yeast, Ginger.Verified Answer
Compatible with Anipryl? Any issues for a dog on low-protein, low-phosphorus diet because of kidney disease??
Anipryl is a prescription medication that contains selegiline hydrochloride, a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) that is commonly used to control symptoms of canine cognitive dysfunction and certain types of Cushing’s disease. ProQuiet is a nutritional supplement labeled to help support nervous system health. According to the manufacturer's label, this product does not contain protein or phosphorus. Because ProQuiet is a supplement, there are no listed drug interactions for this product. Please consult with your veterinarian to determine if this product suits your dog’s dietary and medical needs.Verified Answer
How does pro quiet compare to products containing Valerian Root??
The main active component of ProQuiet is L-tryptophan, which can induce a calming or sedative effect for dogs via conversion to serotonin and melatonin in the brain. Valerian root works in a slightly different manner. It is thought that valerian root exerts an effect on the GABA receptor, which may reduce anxiety, prevent seizures, and cause drowsiness. There is very little evidence comparing the effectiveness of the two products. Therefore we recommend you discuss this with your veterinarian before attempting to use either product. Thank you, VetRxDirectVerified Answer
How much l-tryptophan is in each dose??
There is 4.9% of L-Tryptophan in each tablet. Thank you, VetRxDirectVerified Answer
I'm reading that this product is safe however am wanting to know if there are any known side effects? Thank you.?
Sara, There are no common side effects reported with L-Tryptophan use in the recommended doses. Please work with your veterinarian to determine if adding ProQuiet would provide benefit for your dog or cat. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer