0.5 oz Bottle
Starting At $14.69
In StockFree shipping when you buy 5 or with a $59 order
Guaranteed lowest authorized price. Learn more.
Usually ships the same weekday before 3pm CT.
What is Otomite Plus Ear Miticide for Dogs and Cats by Virbac?
- Otomite Plus is an ear mite treatment for dogs and cats.
- Otomite Plud contains pyrethrin insecticide and works to kill and prevent infestation of ear mites for dogs and cats 12 weeks of age or older.
What else should I know about Otomite Plus?
- Store in a cool, dry area.
- Do not reuse the container.
- Do not put any unused product down an indoor or outdoor drain. This product is toxic to aquatic organisms, including fish and invertebrates. Do not contaminate water when disposing of equipment, washwater, or rinsate. Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions if partly filled.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Otomite Plus?
- Do not apply to pets less than 12 weeks old.
- Consult a veterinarian before using this product on medicated, debilitated, aged, pregnant or nursing animals.
- Sensitivities may occur after using ANY pesticide product on pets. If signs of sensitivity occur, bathe your pet with mild soap and rinse with large amounts of water. If signs continue, consult a veterinarian immediately.
- Keep out of reach of children and animals. Harmful if absorbed through the skin. Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing. Prolonged or frequently repeated skin contact may cause allergic reactions in some individuals.
- Avoid contamination of feed and foodstuffs.
- If there is contact with eyes: Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing eye. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
- If on skin or clothing: Take off contaminated clothing. Rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15 to 20 minutes. Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
How do you use Otomite Plus?
- Use as directed by your veterinarian.
- Users should wash hands with plenty of soap and water before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet.
- Shake well before use.
- Manufacturer's directions: Shake well. Cleanse ear thoroughly with an ear cleanser in accordance with the directions for use. Place sufficient Otomite Plus in each ear to wet external ear canal, approximately at the rates, for each pound bodyweight, of 1 drop (maximum 15) for dogs and 2 drops (maximum 10) for cats. Spread product inside ear canal by massaging the ear. Re-treat at least every 7 days, depending on the severity of the condition, but not more frequently than twice a week. If condition does not resolve in 2 weeks, discontinue treatment and consult a veterinarian. If it is necessary to reuse an ear cleaner, re-treat afterwards with Otomite Plus.
What is in Otomite Plus?
- Ingredients: Pyrethrins 0.15%, Piperonyl Butoxide 1.5%, n-Octyl bicycloheptene dicarboximide 0.48%, other ingredients 97.87%.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Otomite Plus is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Otomite Plus?
- If the condition does not resolve in 2 weeks, discontinue use and consult a veterinarian.
Who makes Otomite Plus?
- Otomite Plus is made by the manufacturer Virbac.
No Reviews Yet
Q & A
What is the expiration date??
As Otomite is a pesticide, it does not have an expiration date. According to the manufacturer, there is a number stamped at the top of the bottles that refers to the date of manufacture.Verified Answer
Displaying Questions 1 - 1