OstiMax (deracoxib) for Dogs Rx
OstiMax (deracoxib) for Dogs Rx
We're sorry, this product is no longer available.
OstiMax (deracoxib) for Dogs is currently unavailable. Please check back with us at another time as we are uncertain when we will have more in stock.
What are OstiMax Chewable Tablets for Dogs?
- OstiMax is the brand name product for deracoxib, which is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID).
- Deracoxib is used in dogs for pain and inflammation.
Why do dogs use OstiMax Chewable Tablets?
- Deracoxib is commonly used to relieve pain and inflammation in dogs diagnosed with osteoarthritis.
- It is also prescribed to control postoperative pain from orthopedic surgery or other conditions.
What else should I know about OstiMax Chewable Tablets?
- Periodic blood work is recommend while on this drug to check for liver and kidney side effects.
- OstiMax chewable tablets are chewable for easier doing.
- Store chewable tablets out of the reach of children and animals.
What problems could my dog have with OstiMax Chewable Tablets?
- OstiMax is not recommended or approved for use in cats.
- If your pet vomits or acts sick receiving the drug on an empty stomach, try giving next dose with food or small treat.
- Watch for decreased appetite; vomiting; changes in bowel movements; changes in behavior (eg aggression); yellowing of gums, skin, or whites of eyes (jaundice); changes in drinking habits (frequency, amount consumed) or urination habits (frequency, color, or smell).
- If your dog has bloody stools, bloody vomit, facial swelling, hives, or red or itchy skin, you should immediately report it to your pet's veterinarian. OstiMax is better given with food, and it is important for your dog to have access to water at all times. You should contact your dog's veterinarian before giving other medications or supplements to your pet, as they may not be compatible.
How do you use OstiMax Chewable Tablets?
- OstiMax can be given with or without food, but food may reduce the changes for stomach problems. Follow your veterinarian's recommendations.
What is in OstiMax Chewable Tablets?
- Deracoxib is a prescription nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) of the COX-2 inhibitor class.
- Deracoxib is believed to be a COX-2 selective inhibitor.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- OstiMax is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog to finish all of the OstiMax Chewable Tablets?
- Dogs may use OstiMax for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
8 total reviews
Rated 5.00 out of 5 stars
0% of respondents would recommend this to a friend
8 5 star reviews
0 4 star reviews
0 3 star reviews
0 2 star reviews
0 1 star reviews
Good for arthritisFrom UndisclosedComments about OstiMax (deracoxib) for Dogs 75mg, 90 Chewable TabletsMy dog had a lot of pain from arthritis but this really helped.
This med brought the boys back together to play without painFrom UndisclosedComments about OstiMax (deracoxib) for Dogs 75mg, 30 Chewable TabletsDuke has used this med to overcome a torn ACL, with this med he can run freely and enjoy his life with less pain.
Will definitely order again!From UndisclosedComments about OstiMax (deracoxib) for Dogs 75mg, 90 Chewable TabletsEasy to order and more convenient especially since my dog takes one daily. I believe this medicine has helped her and being able to find a larger quantity for a cheaper price was a win in itself.
Actually works!From UndisclosedComments about OstiMax (deracoxib) for Dogs 75mg, 90 Chewable TabletsThis seems to be the only non-steroidal anti-inflammatory that works for our 10 year old boy.
Happy & Pain Free SadieFrom UndisclosedComments about OstiMax (deracoxib) for Dogs 100mg, 90 Chewable TabletsExcellent customer service and prices. I will never shop any where else for my dogs prescription needs
Affordable meds keep my dog moving!From UndisclosedComments about OstiMax (deracoxib) for Dogs 25mg, 90 Chewable TabletsMy 14.5 year old English Springer Spaniel, Tallulah, suffers from mild arthritis, which makes walks less enjoyable for her. This medicine has kept her moving and healthy! I have saved some money, which means more "spa days" for her!
Huge DifferenceFrom UndisclosedComments about OstiMax (deracoxib) for DogsThis medication has made the difference in my dog laying around being sad vs happy and throwing her toys in the air, running and catching them. Yes, she is very good at entertaining herself 😆
Great for BIG DOGS!From UndisclosedComments about OstiMax (deracoxib) for Dogs 100mg, 90 Chewable TabletsOstiMax helps my "big boy" feel more comfortable and decreases the pain.
Displaying Reviews 1 - 8