What is Nutri-Cal by Vetoquinol for Dogs and Cats?
- Nutri-Cal is a high calorie supplement for dogs, cats, puppies, and kittens.
- Nutri-Cal is a concentrated source of vitamins and minerals, and contains Omega 3, 6, and 9 Fatty Acids.
Why is Nutri-Cal given to cats and dogs?
- Nutri-Cal oral gel supports a healthy appetite and supplements calories and nutrition for dogs and cats in times of low food intake or high amounts of exercise.
What else should I know about Nutri-Cal?
- Tasty malt flavor.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Nutri-Cal?
- Keep out of reach of children and animals.
- Nutri-Cal is intended for supplemental or intermittent feeding only.
How do you use Nutri-Cal?
- Give as directed by your veterinarian.
- To acquaint the animal with the flavor, place a small amount of gel in the animal’s mouth.
- Manufacturer's suggested use to supplement your dog or cat’s caloric or nutritional intake: Give 1 and 1/2 teaspoons per 10 pounds of body weight daily.
- Manufacturer's suggested use when your dog or cat is not eating their full meal: Give 3 teaspoons (1 tablespoon) per 10 pounds of body weight daily.
What is in Nutri-Cal?
- 30 kcal per teaspoon.
- Guaranteed analysis per teaspoon (6 grams): Crude Protein min 40 mg, Crude Fat min 1900 mg, Crude Fiber max 320 mg, Moisture max 942 mg, Ash max 54mg, Linoleic Acid (Omega 6 Fatty Acids) 211 mg, alpha-Linoleic Acid (Omega 3 Fatty Acids) 43 mg, Calcium 1 mg, Potassium 3.3 mg, Sodium 7.2 mg, Chloride 1.5 mg, Magnesium 0.38 mg, Iron 0.5 mg, Manganese 0.9 mg, Iodine 0.5 mg, Vitamin A 734 IU, Vitamin D 55 IU, Vitamin E 5 IU, Thiamine (Vitamin B1) 1.5 mg, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), 0.01 mg, Niacin 1.9 mg, Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6) 0.73 mg, Folic Acid 0.19 mg, Vitamin B12 1.8 mcg, Omega 9 Fatty Acid 108 mg.
- Ingredients: Corn Syrup, Soybean Oil, Malt Syrup, Water, Fish Oil, Cane Molasses, Sodium Propionate (a preservative), Silicon Dioxide, Potassium Sorbate (a preservative), All-Rac-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Supplement), Xanthan Gum, Magnesium Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Ferrous Sulfate Heptahydrate, Niacin Supplement, Gelatin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Vitamin A Palmitate, Potassium Iodide (source of Iodine and Potassium), Folic Acid, Riboflavin 5’-Phosphate (source of Vitamin B2), Vitamin D Oil, Vitamin B12 Supplement.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Nutri-Cal is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Nutri-Cal?
- Dogs and cats may use Nutri-Cal for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
Who makes Nutri-Cal?
- Nutri-Cal is made by the manufacturer Vetoquinol.
Sammie likes his vitaminsFrom UndisclosedComments about Nutri-Cal 4.25oz
Nutri-CalFrom Aiken, SC, USAComments about Nutri-Cal
Q & A
My kitty has lost weight due to a URI. He has stage 2 ckd. What is the phosphorous content of this product? Would this be appropriate short term while he is being treated for the URI??
According to the manufacturer product label, Nutri-Cal does not contain phosphorus. Nutri-Cal is a high calorie, nutritional supplement intended for supplemental feeding and cats who require an additional source of energy. This supplement is not intended to support weight gain in cats, and it is recommended to consult with your veterinarian before using this product.Verified Answer
How much of this am I supposed to give a 6 month old kitten??
Feeding instructions from the manufacturer state: to acquaint your pet with the flavor, place a small amount of gel in its mouth. To supplement your pet cat’s caloric or nutritional intake, give 1 and ½ teaspoon per 10 pounds of body weight daily. When your pet cat isn’t eating its full ration, give 3 teaspoons (1 tablespoon) per 10 pounds of body weight daily. Please consult with your veterinarian to confirm the manufacturer’s recommended doses are appropriate for your pet cat.Verified Answer
How long can this product be used??
Nutri-Cal is a high caloric meal supplement that contains essential nutrients, vitamins and minerals. This product is intended for intermittent or supplemental feeding only. Nutri-Cal should not be used as a meal replacement for pets. There is no information suggesting this medication is safe to use long term or if it should only be used on a short term basis. Talk with your veterinarian about this supplement and if it is the best option for your pet. Thank you, VetRxDirectVerified Answer
Hi, Does this product have an expiry date??
Pamela, Yes, Nutri-Cal gel does expire, however current expiration dates are more than a year out. If you are concerned that you will use an entire tube before it expires, feel free to call before placing your order and we can let you know the most current expiration date available. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer
I had been purchasing these for my dog - and on my last order I was told that they were now crunchy. Are they still available and has the crunchy issue been resolved?? Would that even affect the quality???
Susan, Nutri-Cal Soft Chews should not be crunchy. While the quality shouldn't be affected, if you purchased this product from VetRxDirect and would like to return them, please contact us for help returning the product and for information about a refund. We'll have the chews back in stock as soon as this issue has been resolved. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer