What is NexGard Plus Chewables for Dogs?
- NexGard Plus is a monthly treatment for dogs that protects against fleas and ticks, prevents heartworm disease, and treats and controls roundworms and hookworms.
Why is NexGard Plus used for dogs?
- NexGard Plus is used for the prevention of heartworm disease caused by Dirofilaria immitis in dogs.
- It is also used for the treatment and control of roundworm and hookworm infections.
- NexGard Plus kills adult fleas, black-legged ticks, brown dog ticks, American dog ticks, and lone star ticks.
- NexGard Plus provides 1 month of protection.
What else should I know about NexGard Plus?
- NexGard Plus is a beef-flavored, soft chewable tablet.
- NexGard Plus is for use in dogs and puppies at least 8 weeks of age and weighing at least 4 pounds.
- NexGard Plus is not for cats.
- Your dog may require a heartworm test prior to starting NexGard Plus.
What problems could my dog have with NexGard Plus?
- This medication should be used with caution in dogs that have a history of seizures or other neurologic disorders.
- This medication should not be used in dogs that are allergic to any of the ingredients.
How do you use NexGard Plus?
- NexGard Plus is given orally once a month as directed by a veterinarian.
- NexGard Plus can be administered with or without food.
- Care should be taken to ensure that the dog consumes the complete dose and that part of the dose is not lost or refused.
What is in NexGard Plus?
- NexGard Plus is a chewable tablet containing afoxolaner, moxidectin, and pyrantel.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Nexgard Plus is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Who makes NexGard Plus?
- NexGard Plus is manufactured by Boehringer Ingelheim.