What are Metoclopramide Tablets for Dogs and Cats?
- Metoclopramide is a prescription drug that stimulates movement within the upper gastrointestinal tract and also helps reduce vomiting and nausea.
- Metoclopramide is the name of the generic drug in Reglan.
Why do cats and dogs use Metoclopramide?
- Metoclopramide may be prescribed to prevent vomiting, reflux, or to stimulate the stomach and upper small intestine.
- Metoclopramide may also be prescribed to help move hairballs into the stomach.
What else should I know about Metoclopramide?
- Metoclopramide is not useful to treat constipation as it has little effect on the large intestine.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Metoclopramide?
- Contact your veterinarian if you notice severe restlessness, hyperactivity, rigid posture, spasms, aggression, drowsiness, or depression after starting to give Metoclopramide.
- Metoclopramide may cause an increased need to urinate and constipation.
- Cats may become disoriented or frenzied. Contact your veterinarian if you are concerned.
How do you use Metoclopramide?
- Metoclopramide may be given with or without food. Follow your veterinarian's directions.
What is in Metoclopramide?
- The drug Metoclopramide is a gastrointestinal prokinetic agent that stimulates the stomach and upper small intestine.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Metoclopramide is sold as an FDA approved generic drug. Brand may vary from order to order and variation to variation. We are unable to guarantee which brand will be available at the time of order shipment.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Metoclopramide?
- Dogs and cats may use Metoclopramide for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
Who makes Metoclopramide?
- Metoclopramide tablets are made by a variety of different manuacturers. We are unable to guarantee which manufacturer will be available at time of shipment.
Helping my dog fight GERDFrom UndisclosedComments about Metoclopramide (Generic) 10mg Tablet
Can keep her food downFrom UndisclosedComments about Metoclopramide (Generic) 10mg Tablet
Cheap price, quality product, quick ship!From undisclosedComments about Metoclopramide (Generic)
Wish they had free refill free shippingFrom undisclosedComments about Metoclopramide (Generic)
Works wellFrom undisclosedComments about Metoclopramide (Generic)
This is a great price for this medicineFrom Centennial, COComments about Metoclopramide (Generic)
Q & A
Are you metoclopramide pills round and light green? If not, do you know where I can get the light green round pills? My dog has been on the light green pills for a few years now and the last two prescriptions we got from my vet are white and he has started gagging and vomiting again.?
We are not able to guarantee a specific tablet or manufacturer. If you have the metoclopramide tablets on hand that you are looking for, you may be able to find the manufacturer by using the National Library of Medicine’s PillBox Pill Identifier: https://pillbox.nlm.nih.gov/index.html You may be able to order from a specific manufacturer from another pharmacy.Verified Answer
Bailey has Megaesophagus........both metoclopramide 5mg and maropitant citrate 24mg, both tablets have been prescribed. don't they do the same thing?
Maropitant citrate and metoclopramide work in different ways in the body and therefore may affect your pet in different ways. Maropitant citrate is used in acute cases of vomiting and vomiting caused by motion sickness. Metoclopramide is used for the treatment or prevention of vomiting and also has properties which stimulate the movement of food through your pet’s upper gastrointestinal tract thus improving appetite. This should help with your pet’s megaesophagus by allowing her to swallow and keep her food down. Metoclopramide is safe for use with maropitant citrate and can be prescribed together for pets that are not responding fully to one or the other. Please consult your veterinarian before starting or stopping any of your pet’s medications. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer