What are Maropitant Citrate Tablets for Dogs?
- Maropitant Citrate is a prescription antiemetic medication used to prevent vomiting due to motion sickness in dogs.
Why is Maropitant Citrate used for dogs?
- Maropitant Citrate is prescribed to relieve and prevent acute vomiting in dogs.
- Maropitant Citrate is also used to prevent vomiting due to motion sickness experienced during car rides.
What problems could my dog have with Maropitant Citrate?
- Some dogs may vomit after taking this medication. Giving the medicine with a small amount of food can help prevent vomiting.
- Don’t use in puppies less than 8 weeks old.
- Side effects are unusual. Contact your veterinarian if drooling, lethargy (lack of energy), drowsiness/sleepiness, lack of appetite, or diarrhea occur.
How do you use Maropitant Citrate?
- Use this medication as prescribed by your veterinarian.
- When using to prevent motion sickness: 3 hours before traveling, feed your animal a small meal or snack, then 1 hour later (2 hours before travel), give maropitant.
- Do not wrap these pills tightly in food snacks, as this may cause the medication not to work.
- This medication can be given for various lengths of time. Be sure you understand how long the veterinarian wants you to continue giving this medication.
- Wash hands with soap and water after administering the drug.
What is in Maropitant Citrate Tablets?
- Maropitant Citrate is the active ingredient in this medication.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Maropitant Citrate is sold as a vet labeled, FDA approved generic drug. Brand may vary from order to order and variation to variation.