What is Kwik-Stop Styptic Powder with Benzocaine for Dogs and Cats?
- Kwik-Stop Styptic Powder helps control bleeding and pain for dogs and cats.
- The topical pain reliever, benzocaine, helps relieve discomfort while the other ingredients aid in stopping bleeding caused by minor cuts and clipping nails, docking tails, or trimming beaks.
- Kwik-Stop can be used with pressure bandaging following tail docking.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Kwik-Stop?
- Do not use in deep wounds or body cavities or on burns.
- Keep out of reach of children.
How do you use Kwik-Stop?
- Use as directed by your veterinarian.
- Manufacturer's suggested use to stop superficial bleeding: Apply with a moistened cotton-tipped applicator to the cut nail or other superficial bleeding area using moderate constant pressure for five to ten seconds.
What is in Kwik-Stop?
- Ingredients: Ferric Subsulfate, Aluminum Chloride, Diatomite, Bentonite, Copper Sulfate, Ammonium Chloride, Benzocaine.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Kwik-Stop is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Kwik-Stop?
- Dogs and cats may need this product for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
Who makes Kwik-Stop?
- Kwik-Stop is made by the manufacturer ARC Laboratories.
Excellent product when trimming clawsFrom UndisclosedComments about Kwik-Stop Styptic Powder w/ Benzocaine
Performs as advertised!From Baltimore, MD, USAComments about Kwik-Stop Styptic Powder w/ Benzocaine
Amazing!From Seattle, WA, USAComments about Kwik-Stop Styptic Powder w/ Benzocaine
Does Exactly what it's supposed to do!From KansasComments about Kwik-Stop Styptic Powder w/ Benzocaine
Q & A
? toxicit if licked.?
This product is labeled for topical use only. Toxicity would be based on various factors like how much of the product was licked off and the animal’s weight. If ingested, the manufacturer recommends that you call your veterinarian and/or the poison control center as they can better assist you.Verified Answer