What is Keratolux Shampoo for Dogs and Cats?
- Keratolux shampoo helps relieve excessive oil, scales, and crusts on the skin surface or dogs, cats, and horses.
- Keratolux contains salicylic acid, zinc, and pyridoxine that work to help regulate the skin’s production of sebum and skin cells.
- Keratolux also includes the use of spherulites, an encapsulation system, that makes the ingredients continue to work longer after application, and a natural skin barrier, to help protect against damage.
Why is Keratolux Shampoo used for cats and dogs?
- Keratolux shampoo works as an antiseborrheic and keratolytic to help aid in the treatment of certain skin conditions.
- Keratolux is a tar free shampoo that cleanses the skin without irritation.
- Keratolux also neutralizes unpleasant odors.
What else should I know about Keratolux Shampoo?
- Helps reduce scaling, crusting, and excessive oiliness.
- Helps improve certain skin conditions.
- Long lasting ingredients.
- Anti-adhesive, anti-irritant formula.
- Contains natural skin barrier.
- Store at room temperature.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Keratolux Shampoo?
- Avoid contact with eyes. If the shampoo gets in the eye, flush the eye with water and seek medical attention if irritation persists.
- Avoid contact with mucous membranes.
- Not for otic use.
- If undue skin irritation develops or increases, discontinue use and contact your veterinarian.
How do you use Keratolux Shampoo?
- Use as directed by your veterinarian.
- Shake well before use.
- Wash hands after use.
- Manufacturer's suggested use: Wet the hair coat with water and apply a thin line of shampoo from the base of the neck to the base of the tail. Massage shampoo over pet’s body to ensure good contact with the skin. Allow to remain on hair coat for 5 to 10 minutes, then rinse thoroughly with clean water and repeat. May be used initially 2 to 3 times a week for 4 weeks, then reduce to once a week.
What is in Keratolux Shampoo?
- Active ingredient: Piroctone Olamine 0.5% w/w.
- Inactive ingredients: Alkylpolyglucoside, Butylene Glycol, Coco-Betaine, d-Galactose, d-Mannose, Disodium EDTA, Glycerin, l-Rhamnose, Laureth-2, PEG-90Glyceryl Isostearate, Peumus boldus Leaf Extract, Purified Water, Pyridoxine HCl, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Sodium Salicylate, Spirea ulmaria Extract, Tea Tree Oil, Vitamin F, Xanthan Gum, Zinc Gluconate.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Keratolux Shampoo is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Keratolux Shampoo?
- Dogs and cats may use Keratolux Shampoo for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
Who makes Keratolux Shampoo?
- Keratolux Shampoo is made by the manufacturer Virbac.
Best allergy shampoo!From UndisclosedComments about Keratolux Shampoo
Poodle Has Hair Again!!From Dallas, TX, USAComments about Keratolux Shampoo
pleasant fragrance, best of all it works.From New York, USAComments about Keratolux Shampoo
Q & A
Are there any other shampoos that you sell that are similar to the Keratolux Shampoo??
Please reach out to your veterinarian to determine the best skin and coat product for your cat or dog.Verified Answer
Is this a prescription medication??
Keratolux does not require a prescription.Verified Answer