HydrALAZINE HCl (Generic) Rx
Starting At $0.07 per tablet
HydrALAZINE HCl (Generic) Rx
$0.07 per tablet
Usually ships the same weekday before 3pm CT with veterinary approval.
Requires veterinary authorization.
Your pet's veterinarian will provide directions for use.
What are HydrALAZINE HCl (Generic) Tablets for Dogs and Cats?
- Hydralazine HCl is a prescription medication that is used to treat congestive heart failure and high blood pressure.
- Hydralazine is often given in combination with other medications, such as beta-blockers.
Why is Hydralazine used for cats and dogs?
- Cats and dogs may be given Hydralazine to reduce blood pressure.
- Dogs and cats may also take Hydralazine for congestive heart failure as it increases the output from the heart and reduces resistance decreases blood vessel resistance.
What else should I know about Hydralazine?
- Your veterinarian will need to monitor your cat's or dog's condition with regular examinations, blood tests, and blood pressure checks while you are giving Hydralazine.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Hydralazine?
- Side effects of Hydralazine that are not usually serious may incllude decreased appetite, vomiting, or diarrhea.
- Giving too high a dose Hydralazine may cause low blood pressure and make your cat's or dog's condition worsen. Signs of low blood pressure are loss of appetite, depression, lack of energy, or weakness. Contact your veterinarian immediately if you notice any of these signs.
- Hydralazine can cause sodium and fluid retention. Contact your veterinarian immediately if you notice swelling of the legs or weight gain.
How do you use Hydralazine?
- Hydralazine should be given with food. Follow your veterinarian's directions.
- Your veterinarian may start at a low dose of Hydralazine and increase it over time.
What is in Hydralazine?
- Hydralazine HCl is a vasodilator. It acts on the smooth muscle of blood vessels and reduces resistance and blood pressure.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Hydralazine is sold as an FDA approved generic drug. Brand may vary from order to order and variation to variation. We are unable to guarantee which brand will be available at the time of order shipment.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Hydralazine?
- Dogs and cats may use Hydralazine for different lengths of time, but usually its use is life-long. Please consult your veterinarian before stopping the medication or if you have any questions.
No Reviews Yet
Q & A
I take Hydralazine 25 mg 4 x day. I dropped one & think my 12 yr old, 18 lb MinPin may have gotten it. Cannot find it anywhere. Pharmacy & Vet closed. I'm am senior on SSI. Will one pill hurt her? Specs say only stays in system 3-4 hrs, is that same with dogs? Has been about 30 mins, no unusual signs. I hope she didn't get, but still would like to know. Thx! 11-11-22 10pm PST.?
It is recommended you contact your veterinarian immediately as they can properly assess your dog’s health. Signs of hydralazine overdose include: loss of appetite, lack of energy, or weakness. The duration of hydralazine’s effect in dogs is between 11-13 hours, after which signs and symptoms should improve. It is important to monitor your dog even after symptoms are resolved.Verified Answer
Displaying Questions 1 - 1