What are GenTeal Tears Moderate Lubricant Eye Drops for Cats and Dogs?
- GenTeal Tears Moderate Lubricant Eye Drops provide fast, soothing relief for moderate dry eye.
- GenTeal drops are manufactured for humans but can be used for pets too.
- GenTeal mimics natural tears and has ingredients that work to retain moisture on the eye and slow evaporation of the tear film.
Why is GenTeal used for cats and dogs?
- GenTeal Tears help relieve discomfort due to dry eye.
What else should I know about GenTeal?
- Store at room temperature.
What problems could my dog or cat have with GenTeal?
- Do not use if the solution changes color or becomes cloudy.
- Do not touch the tip of the container to any surface to avoid contamination.
- Replace the cap tightly after each use.
How do you use GenTeal?
- Use as directed by your veterinarian.
What is in GenTeal?
- Active ingredients: Dextran 70 0.1%, Glycerin 0.2%, Hypromellose 0.3%.
- Inactive ingredients: Boric acid, calcium chloride, glycine, hydrochloric acid and/or sodium hydroxide to adjut pH, magnesium chloride, Polyquad (polyquaternium-1) 0.001% preservative, polysorbate 80, potassium chloride, purified water, sodium chloride, zinc chloride.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- GenTeal is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the GenTeal?
- Dogs and cats may use GenTeal for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
Who makes GenTeal?
- GenTeal is made by the manufacturer Alcon.
GenTealFrom UndisclosedComments about GenTeal Moderate Liquid Drops, 15mL
Poor customer serviceFrom UndisclosedComments about GenTeal Moderate Liquid Drops, 15mL
These were very affordable and worked great on our old dog.From UndisclosedComments about GenTeal Moderate Liquid Drops, 15mL
Just what Ollie NeededFrom UndisclosedComments about GenTeal Moderate Liquid Drops, 15mL
I will buy this againFrom UndisclosedComments about GenTeal
Great for my dog's eye!From undisclosedComments about GenTeal
Really helps soothe my Bullies eyesFrom Baton Rouge, LA, USAComments about GenTeal
Q & A
My dog has used Genteal moderate to severe liquid gel drops in the past. However, they are no longer producing this product (per company). Can I substitute mild to moderate liquid drops by Genteal, or just go to another line, like Systane Ultra? What is safest for the dog? Thank you?
These products are similar, but the active ingredients differ. Genteal Mild to Moderate contains Hypromellose as a lubricant, GenTeal Moderate to Severe contains Carboxymethylcellulose Sodium and Hypromellose as lubricants, GenTeal Tears Moderate contains Dextran 70, Glycerin, and Hypromellose as lubricants. We recommend speaking with your veterinarian about an appropriate replacement that will best suit your pet's needs.Verified Answer
Would I be receiving the original mild to moderate Genteal formula, or the new moderate previously Tears Naturale Forte formula? I wonder because the first photo is the old box and the insert tab takes me to the old formula page.?
The GenTeal and Tears Naturale brand products are made by the same manufacturer Alcon. GenTeal has been combined with Tears Naturale and made into a new product called GenTeal Tears. GenTeal Tears products contain the same ingredients as the Tears Naturale products. So, Tears Naturale Forte is now named GenTeal Tears Moderate, and Tears Naturale II is now named GenTeal Tears Mild. The Mild formula contains 2 lubricants Dextran and Hypromellose, whereas the Moderate contains 3 lubricants. Dextran, Glycerin, and Hypromellose. VetRxDirect no longer carries the original GenTeal, because it is being replaced by GenTeal Tears. We apologize for any confusion, because this is a relatively new change, the website team is working to replace the old product images and package inserts.Verified Answer