What are Fludrocortisone Tablets for Cats and Dogs?
- Fludrocortisone is a prescription corticosteroid medication.
- It works by stimulating the kidneys to retain sodium and helps replace cortisone.
Why do cats and dogs use Fludrocortisone?
- It is commonly used in the treatment of Addison's disease (also called hypoadrenocorticism), adrenal disorders, and cortisone deficiencies.
- If your pet has been diagnosed with an adrenal condition, your veterinarian may prescribe a medication like fludrocortisone.
What else should I know about Fludrocortisone?
- Your veterinarian may prescribe additional glucocorticoids, such as methylprednisolone, if your dog or cat needs surgery or is under additional stress from trauma or illness.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Fludrocortisone?
- Side effects are rare. However, do not stop giving Fludrocortisone without consulting your veterinarian as serious side effects may result.
- If the dose is too high, you may see increased thirst, increased need to urinate, swelling, weight gain, or pot belly.
- If the dose is too low, you may see weakness, tiredness, vomiting, or diarrhea.
How do you use Fludrocortisone?
- Fludrocortisone may be given with or without food. Follow your veterinarian's directions.
What is in Fludrocortisone?
- The drug Fludrocortisone is a mineralcorticoid or hormone that works by stimulating the kidneys to retain sodium and helps replace cortisone.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Fludrocortisone is sold as an FDA approved generic drug. Brand may vary from order to order and variation to variation. We are unable to guarantee which brand will be available at the time of order shipment.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Fludrocortisone?
- Dogs and cats may use Fludrocortisone for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
Great productFrom UndisclosedComments about Fludrocortisone Acetate (Generic) 0.1mg Tablet
Great productFrom UndisclosedComments about Fludrocortisone Acetate (Generic)
Definitely will continue to buy over and over againFrom UndisclosedComments about Fludrocortisone Acetate (Generic)
I would buy this product againFrom UndisclosedComments about Fludrocortisone Acetate (Generic)
will continue to use this product and use vet rx directFrom undisclosedComments about Fludrocortisone Acetate (Generic)
O am still buying meds hereFrom undisclosedComments about Fludrocortisone Acetate (Generic)
Q & A
is this price per pill? or per bottle?
This medication is priced per tablet. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer