What are Flea Combs for Dogs and Cats?
- Flea combs are used to physically help remove fleas from your cat or dog.
- Flea combs have teeth that are very close together to pull the fleas off the fur.
Why are Flea Combs used for cats and dogs?
- Flea combs can help reduce flea infestination in combination with other treatments recommended by your veterinarian.
What else should I know about Flea Combs?
- Flea combs are great for using along with a medical treatment for your pet, but should not be the sole flea treatment. Consult your veterinarian for the best advice for what can help your dog or cat.
- You may also need to use treatments to remove fleas from soft surface areas in your home.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Flea Combs?
- Flea bites, itching, and allergies to fleas can make your dog or cat's skin tender. Be careful when using the comb around sensitive skin, wound, or irritated areas.
How do you use Flea Combs?
- Comb your dog or cat from head to tail to remove fleas.
What are the Flea Combs made of?
- The flea comb with a wood handle has metal teeth and a handle that is easy to grip.
- Plastic flea combs are just under 3 and 1/2 inches in length and have two different finenesses of teeth.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Flea Combs are sold as generic. Brand may vary from order to order and variation to variation. We are unable to guarantee which brand will be available at the time of order shipment.
No Reviews Yet
Q & A
How long is the flea comb with the wooden handle??
The flea comb is approximately 6.5-7 inches long. The wooden handle makes up approximately half of the total length.Verified Answer
I am curious as to how fine the teeth are? I need one for cats and the teeth need to be closer than for my dogs.?
The fine-toothed, double-sided plastic flea comb has teeth on one side are 1 mm apart, and the teeth on the other side are closer together. The wooden-handled flea comb has teeth that are about 1 mm apart.Verified Answer