Starting At $0.60 per tablet
$0.60 per tablet
Usually ships the same weekday before 3pm CT with veterinary approval.
Requires veterinary authorization.
Your pet's veterinarian will provide directions for use.
What are Etodolac Tablets and Capsules for Dogs?
- Etodolac is a prescription non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that is the generic of EtoGesic and Lodine.
Why do dogs use Etodolac?
- Etodolac decreases inflammation and pain, specifically in dogs with osteoarthritis.
- Etodolac can also be used for other pain and inflammation, as a veterinarian sees fit.
What else should I know about Etodolac?
- Etodolac is not for use in cats.
- Your veterinarian may need to do regular blood work while your dog is taking Etodolac to monitor for kidney and liver problems.
What problems could my dog have with Etodolac?
- Dogs with gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, or hematological abnormalities should not take Etodolac.
- Etodolac should also be used with caution in dogs that are dehydrated, dogs that have kidney disease, and dogs that are on diuretics as they can increase the risk for kidney damage while taking Etodolac.
- Etodolac has common side effects including vomiting, loose stools, lethargy, decreased appetite, and low protein levels.
- However, if your dog has severe diarrhea, vomiting, depression, or bloody stools, you should consult your dog's veterinarian immediately.
- Fresh water should be available to your dog at all times.
- It is also important for you to consult your dog's veterinarian before adding any other medications or supplements to your dogs regimen, as they can interact.
How do you use Etodolac?
- Etodolac can be given with or without food. Give Etodolac by mouth as directed by your veterinarian.
- Fresh, clean water should always be available to your dog when giving Etodolac.
What is in Etodolac?
- Etodolac is a nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drug (NSAID) that is used to reduce pain and inflammation.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Etodolac is sold as an FDA approved generic drug. Brand may vary from order to order and variation to variation. We are unable to guarantee which brand will be available at the time of order shipment.
Is it important for my dog to finish all of the Etodolac?
- Dogs may use Etodolac for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
1 total reviews
Rated 5.00 out of 5 stars
100% of respondents would recommend this to a friend
1 5 star reviews
0 4 star reviews
0 3 star reviews
0 2 star reviews
0 1 star reviews
Pleased!From Eugene, ORComments about EtodolacMy large (112#) yellow lab ruptured his achilles. This medicine helped him get through the surgery and recovery easier.
Displaying Reviews 1 - 1
Q & A
Is this the same Etodolac they prescribe for human beings??
Caroline, Etodolac is a medication only available as a human-labeled product prescribed for off-label use in pets to treat pain and inflammation. For guidance on use and dosage please contact your pet's veterinarian. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer
Can this drug be combined with Cosiquin DS with msm for dogs. The msm is 250mg?
Etodolac is prescribed for the management of pain and inflammation associated with osteoarthritis in dogs. Cosequin DS with MSM is a joint support supplement used for joint health. The manufacturer of Cosequin states that there are no reported drug interactions with any drug or nutritional supplement when Cosequin is given as directed. Contact your veterinarian for specific advice on managing your pet’s drug therapy. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer
Displaying Questions 1 - 2