Usually ships the same weekday before 3pm CT.
What are EquiShield CK and EquiShield CK-HC for Dogs, Cats, and Horses?
- EquiShield products are topicals for horses, dogs, and cats.
- The CK and CK-HC products contain chlorhexidine (an antibacterial agent) and ketoconazole (an antifungal agent).
- CK-HC products also contains hydrocortisone (an anti-inflammatory steroid).
- EquiShield CK Spray is an antiseptic spray
- EquiShield CK Shampoo is a medicated shampoo with broad spectrum antimicrobial activity.
- EquiShield CK Salve is a medicated salve in a water soluble base of polyethylene glycol with broad spectrum antimicrobial activity. It is for dermatological conditions responsive to Chlorhexidine and Ketoconazole.
- EquiShield CK-HC Shampoo is an antiseptic and anti-inflammatory shampoo
Why are EquiShield CK and EquiShield CK-HC used for dogs, cats, and horses?
- CK products are designed to be used as antiseptics.
- CK products can be used as antibacterials and antifungals.
- The CK-HC products can be used as antiseptics and can also be used for topical dermatitis.
- CK-HC products help reduce itching and inflammation caused by bacterial and fungal infections of the skin.
What else should I know about EquiShield CK and EquiShield CK-HC?
- Store at room temperature in a cool, dry place.
What problems could my dog, cat, or horse have with EquiShield CK and EquiShield CK-HC?
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes.
- In case of contact with eyes or mucous membranes, flush with copious amounts of water for 5-10 minutes. Contact your veterinarian immediately if irritation persists.
- Use topically only.
How do you use EquiShield CK and EquiShield CK-HC?
EquiShield CK Spray and EquiShield CK-HC Salve
- Apply directly to affected areas as directed by your veterinarian.
EquiShield CK Shampoo and EquiShield CK-HC Shampoo
- Manufacturer's suggested use: Shake well before use. Wet the hair coat with warm water and apply a sufficient amount of shampoo to create a rich lather. Massage medicated shampoo into wet hair coat. Rinse and repeat. Allow to remain on hair coat for 5 to 10 minutes, then rinse thoroughly with clean water. May be used initially 2-3 times weekly for 4 weeks. Then reduce to 1 time weekly or as directed by your veterinarian.
EquiShield CK Salve
- Manufacturer's suggested use: Using a gloved hand or spatula, apply directly on lesion once daily for 2 to 4 weeks. Rub into site and immediate surrounding vicinity. Consult your veterinarian if improvement is not noticed within 2 weeks. Best when used in conjunction with EquiShield CK Shampoo.
What is in EquiShield CK and EquiShield CK-HC?
EquiShield CK Spray, EquiShield CK Shampoo, and EquiShield CK Salve
- Active ingredients: Chlorhexidine gluconate 2%, Ketoconazole 1%.
EquiShield CK-HC Shampoo and EquiShield CK-HC Salve
- Active ingredients: Chlorhexidine gluconate 2%, Ketoconazole 1%, Hydrocortisone 1%.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- EquiShield CK and EquiShield CK-HC are brand names. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog, cat, or horse to finish all of the EquiShield CK and EquiShield CK-HC?
- Dogs, cats, and horses may use EquiShield CK and EquiShield CK-HC for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
EquiShield CK shampoo is the best product that has controlleFrom UndisclosedComments about EquiShield CK Shampoo, 16oz BottleEquishield CK shampoo is the best thing that has ever worked for my Maltese. She got a skin condition for some unknown reason and the vet prescribed this shampoo and the condition was controlled. Unfortunately at the moment the product is not being obtained here and they prescribed others that did not have the same effectiveness. Doing a search on the internet I found Vet Rx Direct and they had the shampoo I was looking for available, I love this store because it has a great variety of products for pets, at a great price and delivery is fast. In addition, I have the opportunity to have it sent to me in a period of time that I want. I am super pleased because in this way I can have the peace of mind of having the product available. Thanks a lot...
Perfect Anti-itch shampoo!From UndisclosedComments about EquiShield CK HC Shampoo, 12oz BottleThis shampoo was recommended by our vet and we love it. This is the only shampoo that doesn't make our Molly Bear itch.
Wonderful productFrom UndisclosedComments about EquiShield CK Shampoo, 16oz BottleHelps a lot my dog.
I would buy again and againFrom UndisclosedComments about EquiShield CKThis product is very good. I use it with my dog for many years.
I would buy this product again.From UndisclosedComments about EquiShield CKGood price. I would buy this product again.
I have reordered to have on hand when needed for my alpacas.From Vermontville, MIComments about EquiShield CKWe had a chronic fungal & bacterial infection on the foot of one of our Alpacas. MSU Vets diagnosed the condition and prescribed Equishield CK Spray and Salve, and most importantly the proper environmental care to allow the product to clear the infection. For fast, effective healing of Alpaca fungal foot infections commonly called "dew poison" the alpaca needs to be in a dry, clean stall with Pine Pellet bedding to allow the product to work. Simply providing a rubber mat in the stall allows for re-infection - must have the dry bedding and when treated twice daily with proper environment the foot healed within a few weeks!!
Great product, good priceFrom undisclosedComments about EquiShield CKWe have used this product for years, great for fungus, etc. Further, the EquiShield CK Salve is also wonderful for helping with fungus and wounds. We used the salve to solve a skin conditions our dachshund had that was leading the hair loss. Great product, good price.
I would buy this product again. Excelent.From Puerto RicoComments about EquiShield CKI use this product to bathe my pet.
Repeat customerFrom LaFox, ILComments about EquiShield CKWorks best when instructions are followed regarding time applied before rinsing.
The Equishield -CKFrom MichiganComments about EquiShield CKEquishield-CK worked very well on the mange that my walker coonhound had
Q & A
Can the Equishield CK and Equishield CK-HC be used on a 4 month old pitbull puppy??
EquiShield™ CK Shampoo is an antimicrobial and antifungal shampoo that contains chlorhexidine and ketoconazole. It is labeled for certain skin conditions in horses, dogs and cats. EquiShield® CK HC Shampoo is an antiseptic, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory shampoo labeled for horses, dogs and cats. It contains chlorhexidine, ketoconazole, and hydrocortisone. The manufacturer does not provide any information on the age limitations for using this product. It is recommended that you consult with your veterinarian before using these products and to determine if the products are appropriate for your dog.Verified Answer
Is this product effective for equine rain rot? Do I need the whole system or can I use the salve once my horse has been shampooed??
EquiShield CK product line consists of a shampoo, spray, and salve. These products contain chlorhexidine and ketoconazole for their antimicrobial and antifungal properties, and are labeled for dogs, cats, and horses with certain skin diseases. The EquiShield CK HC product line consists of shampoo and salve, and contains hydrocortisone as an additional active ingredient. The salve is suggested for spot treatment, and the spray for larger, more generalized spot treatment. The manufacturer suggests the best general results are obtained by following the shampoo with topical use of the spray or salve. It is recommended that you consult with your veterinarian regarding your horse’s condition and the best use of these products.Verified Answer
How does it look? How does it apply onto the skin? Consistency? For ringworm??
The consistency and look of the product will vary because it is available in the form of a spray, salve, shampoo and wipes. The spray will come in liquid form in a spray bottle for application. The salve will be thicker and more cream/ointment-like for consistency. The shampoo will be more fluid than the salve but not a liquid like the spray, it will have to be lathered into the area and washed off for each application.Verified Answer