What is Emeraid Intensive Care HDN Kidney Feline for Cats?
- Emeraid Intensive Care "Highly Digestible Nutrition" (HDN) Kidney is a prescription diet for cats with kidney disease.
- It is designed to meet the dietary needs of cats with acute or chronic kidney conditions, reduce the signs of uremia, and minimize the progression of kidney disease.
- Emeraid Intensive Care Kidney contains controlled levels of phosphorus, low sodium, easily absorbable amino acids, increased potassium, l-carnitine, and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Emeraid Intensive Care HDN Kidney Feline is formulated with hydrolyzed soy protein, synergistic antioxidants, purified fiber, stabilized vitamins, chelated minerals, balanced electrolytes, hydrolyzed starch, and dietary nucleotides.
- It has a neutral pH and does not contain artificial colors or preservatives.
Why do cats use Emeraid Intensive Care HDN Kidney Feline?
- Veterinarians may prescribe this highly digestible diet because it provides energy and maintenance nutrition for cats with kidney disease that are recovering from other sicknesses, critical illness, and surgery.
What else should I know about Emeraid Intensive Care HDN Kidney Feline?
- Emeraid Intensive Care Kidney is a powdered formula mixed with water for feeding.
- Bags include a blue scoop in package which equals 1 Tablespoon.
- Use Emeraid Intensive Care HDN Kidney Feline within 1 month of opening.
- Refrigerate after opening.
What problems could my cat have with Emeraid Intensive Care HDN Kidney Feline?
- Possible side effects, drug and food interactions, precautions.
How do you use Emeraid Intensive Care HDN Kidney Feline?
- Feed as directed by your veterinarian.
- Use a syringe to draw up the mixture.
- When finished, flush and clean the feeding syringe.
- Make fresh for each feeding.
- Discard remaining food after each feeding.
- Refrigerate after opening.
What is in Emeraid Intensive Care HDN Kidney Feline?
- Blue scoop in package = 1 Tablespoon = 9g Intensive Care HDN Kidney =29 kcal/scoop.
- Ingredients: Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Canola Oil, Dried Hydrolyzed Casein, Corn Oil, Dried Whole Egg, Cooked Chicken, Dried Chicken Liver, Inulin, Corn Flour, Corn Starch, Beet Pulp, Wheat Flour, Cellulose, Glucose Syrup Solids, Potassium Citrate, Defatted Wheat Germ, Ground Limestone, Choline Chloride, Dextrose, Taurine, Salmon Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Citric Acid, Iodized Salt, Vitamin E Supplement, L-Lysine, Dicalcium Phosphate, Zinc Oxide, Niacin Supplement, Ascorbic Acid, L-Carnitine, Copper Methionine Chelate, Tocopherols, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin A Supplement, Manganous Oxide, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement.
- Guaranteed analysis: Protein (min) 30.3%, Fat (min) 23.2%, Fiber (max) 12.90%, Moisture (max) 6.5%, Omega-3 fatty acids 1.08%, Omega-6 fatty acids (min) 6.84%, Calcium 0.8%, Phosphorous 0.4%, Potassium 1.3%, Sodium 0.35%, Chloride 0.48%, Magnesium 0.10%
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Emeraid is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my cat to finish all of the Emeraid Intensive Care HDN Kidney Feline?
- Cats may use Emeraid Intensive Care HDN Kidney Feline for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
This medication is keeping my cat comfortable.From UndisclosedComments about EmerAid Intensive Care HDN Kidney Feline 400g Bag
Q & A
Will it help my car to gain weight. He doesn't like his new Prescription Kidney food and I've tried Hills, Purina, and Royal Canin. He won't eat it. He wants regular cat food. He's lost some weight.?
EmerAid Intensive Care Kidney Diet is a prescription diet designed to meet the dietary needs of cats with acute or chronic kidney conditions.This diet provides energy and maintenance nutrition for cats with kidney disease that are recovering from illness or surgery. This diet is not labeled specifically to increase weight gain in cats, and is intended primarily as a recovery or critical care diet. Please consult with your veterinarian about your cat’s nutritional needs, and to determine if this product is appropriate for your cat.Verified Answer
Hi. Will cars freely eat this or is it really only for syringe feeding??
Emeraid Intensive Care is labeled primarily for syringe feeding. The Emeraid powder is mixed with warm water to form a liquid. Depending on how well your cat tolerates the product, and the dosage prescribed by your veterinarian, it could be offered in a bowl to drink. Please consult with your veterinarian about the best way to administer this product to your cat.Verified Answer