DM Dietetic Management Rx
Starting At $34.63
DM Dietetic Management Rx
Usually ships the same weekday before 3pm CT with veterinary approval.
Requires veterinary authorization.
Your pet's veterinarian will provide directions for use.
We are unable to ship this product to Alaska or Hawaii.
What is DM Diabetic Management for Cats by Purina ProPlan?
- Purina ProPlan DM (Diabetic Management) is a canned diet specifically designed for cats with diabetes mellitus.
Why is Purina ProPlan DM used for Cats?
- DM is formulated with low levels of carbohydrates and high protein levels to meet the unique nutritional needs of diabetic cats.
- Purina ProPlan DM promotes gluconeogenesis, a process in the body that converts protein to glucose for a more steady release of glucose and may lead to a reduced insulin requirement.
- DM also helps make your cat's urine more acidic, and less likely to develop struvite and calcium oxalate crystals.
- This diet provides antioxidant-rich nutrition and also contains additional antioxidants and omega 3 and 6 fatty acids.
What else should I know about Purina ProPlan DM?
- DM Diabetic Management is only available with a veterinarian's prescription.
What problems could by cat have with Purina ProPlan DM?
- Read the prescription label carefully for your veterinarian's recommended feeding guidelines.
How do I use Purina ProPlan DM Diabetic Management for Cats?
- For additional information about this diet, consult your veterinarian.
What is in Purina ProPlan DM for Cats?
Purina ProPlan DM Dry Food
- Ingredients: Poultry By-Product Meal, Soy Protein Isolate, Corn Gluten Meal, Soy Flour, Animal Fat Preserved with Mixed-Tocopherols, Corn Starch, Animal Liver Flavor, Calcium Carbonate, Phosphoric Acid, Fish Oil, Potassium Chloride, L-Lysine Monohydrochloride, Taurine, DL-Methionine, Choline Chloride, Powdered Cellulose, Salt, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Niacin, Manganese Sulfate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin D-3 Supplement, Biotin, Calcium Iodate, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Vitamin K), Sodium Selenite.
- Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein (Min) 51.0%, Crude Fat (Min) 15.0%, Crude Fiber (Max) 3.0%, Moisture (Max) 12.0%, Ash (Max) 7.7%, Calcium (Ca) (Min) 0.9%, Phosphorous (P) (Min) 0.8%, Vitamin A (Min) 18,000 IU/kg, Vitamin E (Min) 100 IU/kg, Carbohydrate (Max) 18.0%.
- Calorie Content: 4217 kcal/kg, 605 kcal/cup.
Purina ProPlan DM Canned Food
- Ingredients: Meat by-products, water, chicken, salmon, soy protein isolate, oat hulls, L-Lysine monohydrochloride, artificial and natural flavors, guar gum, potassium chloride, calcium sulfate, sodium bisulfate, taurine, Vitamin E supplement, carrageenan, choline chloride, salt, thiamine mononitrate, L-Carnitine, zinc sulfate, ferrous sulfate, niacin, calcium pantothenate, Vitamin A supplement, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (Vitamin K), pyridoxine hydrochloride, manganese sulfate, copper sulfate, riboflavin supplement, Vitamin B-12 supplement, biotin, folic acid, Vitamin D-3 supplement, potassium iodide.
- Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein (Min) 12.0%, Crude Fat (Min) 4.5%, Crude Fiber (Max) 2.0%, Moisture (Max) 78.0%, Ash (Max) 3.1%.
- Calorie Content: 1048 kcal/kg, 163 kcal/can.
Purina ProPlan Savory Selects Canned Food
- Ingredients: Water, chicken, liver, wheat gluten, meat by-products, corn starch-modified, soy flour, glycine, potassium chloride, tricalcium phosphate, natural flavor, L-Lysine monohydrochloride, taurine, salt, choline chloride, caramel color, Vitamin E supplement, zinc sulfate, ferrous sulfate, thiamine mononitrate, L-Carnitine, niacin, manganese sulfate, copper sulfate, calcium pantothenate, Vitamin A supplement, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (Vitamin K), pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin supplement, Vitamin B-12 supplement, biotin, folic acid, potassium iodide, Vitamin D-3 supplement.
- Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein (Min) 12.5%, Crude Fat (Min) 2.5%, Crude Fiber (Max) 1.0%, Moisture (Max)78.0%, Taurine (Min) 0.05%.
- Calorie Content: 1014 kcal/kg, 158 kcal/can.
Will I get with I see in the Picture?
- Purina ProPlan DM is a name brand. You will receive the exact product you request.
177 total reviews
Rated 4.27 out of 5 stars
86% of respondents would recommend this to a friend
112 5 star reviews
33 4 star reviews
11 3 star reviews
10 2 star reviews
11 1 star reviews
Most Liked Positive Review
Literally saved my cats life!
My 8 yrs old kitty was diagnosed with full blown diabetes in Apr '16 with fructosamine @ 688 (< 300 is normal for cats). Vet immediately wanted to start insulin which I can't afford and cat is not temperamentally suited for. I was desperate so tried putting him 100% on Purina DM wet food classic only. In 1 month level dropped to 459 and down to 259 at 90 days. Cat now in normal range, much happier, livelier and lost 4lbs from 19 down to 15. Other female cat put on it too per vet, even w/o diabetes. She also went from a chunky 14.5lb to 12.4lb and doing great. Both cats eat is with no problem at all. Purina DM TRULY SAVED HIS LIFE, THANK YOU!
Most Liked Negative Review
NOT DOING WHAT IT IS SUPPOSE TO DO !!!!!!!!!
my two cats have been on the dm dry and both of the dm wet for about 2 years and their has not been much of a change in their weight. one is a grey tabby and the other is a orange tabby, who is also a diabetic. both had weight problems. they are both 7 years old and are brothers. our vet suggested this type for both. the diabetic was losing weight and the other one was over weight.the diabetic is staying at about14 to 15 lbs.the other cat is between 20 to 22 lbs. which our vet said is too much weight.they each split one cup in the am of the dry,and split a half a cup of dry for lunch , and split one can of the wet for supper.why does it seem the one cat cannot seem to lose weight? the vet said it is a slow process, but being on it for 2 years I would expect better reusts then we are getting I would appreiciate if you might be able to comment on this or if we are doing something wrong. are vet seems to think what we are doing should be helping. also the price increase has made it more difficult to be able to afford it! the dm feline10lb. bag went from $41.67 to $54.39. and the dm feline 5.5 oz. cans went from$34.80 to $45.59.I also noticed the new packaging, but cannot justify the increase for that. there was nothing wrong with the old one.I hope to hear from you in regards to both things I have brought to your attention. A CONCERNED CAT LOVER AND OWNER !!!!!!
dont buyFrom Mckinleyville CaComments about DM Dietetic ManagementThis product was given to me by the vet. I have done some research #1 Ingredient in this food is MEAT BY PRODUCTS do research yourself to see exactly what MEAT BY PRODUCTS are also product has soy protein oat husks very few vitamins no organ meats no prebotics no Omega 3's label dosent even say iron. Dont be fooled this food is made by the largest manufacturer Purina! I thought it was good until I looked into it my cat just had a urinary tract infection after 2 years of not being diabetic now she is diabetic again and is 12 years old and may have Neuropathy probelm that can be caused by lack of vitamins. I also have bought this product multiple times from Vetrx Direct cans come dented all the time usually only a few but sometimes alot and some cans are just plain tras.h I contacted them a second time regarding this they basically told me that I should shop else wher.e I thought people in Iowa were nice at least my grandparents who were Iowa farmers all there lives were!!!!.
Ginger loves the food !! She can't wait to eat !From UndisclosedComments about DM Dietetic Management Feline Formula 5.5oz Savory Selects, Case of 24 CansMy Cat Ginger is diabetic . She had to go to the vet for an episode with low blood sugar . They fed her DM canned food. It helped her along with her insulin to regulate her blood sugar and also helped her with not peeing outside the box due to her diabetes . They suggested I feed it to her at home.
Food for my diabetic cat,From UndisclosedComments about DM Dietetic ManagementMy diabetic cat loves this food, I also feed him dm savory select canned food.
Great nutrition for diabetic cat.From undisclosedComments about DM Dietetic ManagementKeeping my diabetic baby reasonably comfortable and he seems to enjoy it! My other cat eats it too and both coats have become a lot softer.
Displaying Reviews 1 - 4
Q & A
What is the percentage of ash in this cat food??
According to the manufacturer Purina, DM dietetic Management contains a maximum of 7.7% ash. Please contact your veterinarian to determine if this product is appropriate for your cat.Verified Answer
Displaying Questions 1 - 1