What is Cyclavance for Dogs?
- Cyclavance is a prescription medication used for the treatment of atopic dermatitis in dogs.
- Cyclavance contains cyclosporine, an immune-modulating drug that works by suppressing the immune system's response to allergic skin conditions.
Why is Cyclavance used for dogs?
- Cyclavance is prescribed to relieve the inflammation and itching associated with atopic dermatitis or other skin conditions in dogs.
- Cyclavance selectively acts on the immune cells involved in the allergic reaction.
- It may also be prescribed in the treatment of certain immune system disorders in dogs.
What else should I know about Cyclavance?
- Cyclavance should only be given to dogs.
- This medication is an immunosuppressant that may increase the susceptibility to infection.
What problems could my dog have with Cyclavance?
- Vomiting, reduced appetite, and diarrhea are the most common side effects. These signs usually get better on their own, but if they are severe or persistent, contact your veterinarian.
- Contact your veterinarian immediately if you notice signs indicating an infection.
How do you use Cyclavance?
- Cyclavance should be given at least one hour before or two hours after a meal.
- Do not eat, drink, smoke, or use smokeless tobacco while handling CYCLAVANCE.
- Wear gloves when administering this medication and wash hands after.
- Pregnant women should handle this drug very carefully.
- Do not rinse or clean the oral dosing syringe between uses.
- Cyclavance should be stored and dispensed in the original container at temperatures between 68-86°F (20-30°C).
- Do not refrigerate because a precipitate may be observed below 68°F (20°C).
- Once opened, use within 12 weeks.
What is in Cyclavance?
- Cyclosporine is the active ingredient in Cyclavance.
- Cyclavance is an oral solution of cyclosporine that lowers the immune response.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Cyclavance is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
No Reviews Yet
Q & A
Do you have this medication in stock on your shelves??
Is Cyclavance used for dogs with low red blood cell counts? If they have a reaction is there another drug??
Cyclavance is an oral solution consisting of cyclosporine. Cyclosporine is indicated for the control of atopic dermatitis in dogs. Cyclosporine can be used in an extra-label manner under the guidance of a licensed veterinarian for the treatment of immune-mediated hemolytic anemia, which causes low red blood cell counts. Appropriate treatment options for your dog will depend on your dog’s condition as well as prior medical history. Please consult your veterinarian to discuss treatment options for your dog.Verified Answer
WHAT ARE THE DIRECTIONS? DO YOU ADMINISTER ORALLY INTO MOUTH OR PUT ON FOOD? MOST OF THE REVIEWS I SEE ONLY TALK OF HOW GREAT THE "PRICE" IS I DON'T CARE ABOUT THAT, I CARE IF THE PRODUCT WORKS FOR ALLERGIES AND SIDE EFFECTS. MY BABY IS 4.8 OZ IN WEIGHT, VERY TINY?
Cyclavance is an immunosuppressive medication indicated for the treatment of atopic dermatitis in dogs. Cyclavance may begin to relieve itching and reduce skin lesions after two weeks of treatment, however, maximum benefit may not be seen for four to six weeks after starting treatment. Common side effects include vomiting, reduced appetite, and diarrhea. Cyclavance solution can be mixed with dry dog food or administered directly into a dog’s mouth. The safety and effectiveness of cyclosporine has not been established in dogs younger than 6 months of age or weighing less than 4 pounds. Please consult your veteran to find out if this medication is appropriate for your pet.Verified Answer