What Cromolyn Sodium Eye Drops for Dogs and Cats?
- Cromolyn Sodium Eye Drops are an ophthalmic solution. Cromolyn Sodium is a prescription anti-inflammatory drop for the eyes. It works to prevent inflammation by blocking receptors in the body.
- Cromolyn Sodium helps reduce symptoms such as itching, burning, redness, and swelling.
Why do cats and dogs use Cromolyn Sodium Eye Drops?
- Cromolyn Sodium is commonly used in the treatment of allergies, conjunctivitis, or other conditions affecting the eye.
- If your pet has been diagnosed with an inflammatory eye condition, your veterinarian may prescribe an ophthalmic solution such as Cromolyn Sodium.
What else should I know about Cromolyn Sodium Eye Drops?
- Store the Cromolyn Sodium in the refrigerator or at room temperature away from moisture and sunlight. Do not use if the drops change color, become cloudy, or if you see particles in the solution.
- There are approximately 20 drops per milliliter in an ophthalmic solution.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Cromolyn Sodium Eye Drops?
- Side effects might include irritation, redness, and puffiness of the eyes.
- Your pet might also get a runny nose.
How do you use Cromolyn Sodium Eye Drops?
- Use proper administration techniques to avoid contamination of the medication. Keep the cap on when not in use.
- Wait 5 minutes after applying the Cromolyn Sodium to the eyes before applying any other eye medication.
What is in Cromolyn Sodium Eye Drops?
- Cromolyn Sodium is a prescription anti-allergy and anti-inflammatory drop for the eyes.
- It works to prevent inflammation by blocking receptors in the body..
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Cromolyn Sodium Eye Drops are sold as an FDA approved generic drug. Brand may vary from order to order and variation to variation. We are unable to guarantee which brand will be available at the time of order shipment.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Cromolyn Sodium Eye Drops?
- Dogs and cats may use Cromolyn Sodium Eye Drops for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
No Reviews Yet
Q & A
Is this used to treat pink eye?
Cromolyn sodium ophthalmic solution is a mast cell-stabilizing agent used to control the symptoms of allergic and atopic conjunctivitis which includes pink eye. This medication is used to relieve the symptoms of eye itching, tearing, redness, and discharge. In order to properly treat pink eye, an antibiotic or antiviral medication may be necessary. Cromolyn ophthalmic solution may be used at the same time as the antibiotic or antiviral medication. We recommend discussing this with your veterinarian before administering this medication.Verified Answer
How many drops of cromolyn sodium ophthalmic solution 4% do I put in each eye for my cat??
Cromolyn Sodium eye drops require a prescription from a veterinarian for dispensing. Instructions on application frequency and duration may vary depending on the individual cat. Speak to your veterinarian for clarification.Verified Answer
can this product be used internally (taken by mouth) for cats with asthma symptoms? Thank you for your help.?
are these eye drops for pets, people or both??
These drops are for both pet and human use. Thank you, VetRxDirectVerified Answer