What is Credelio (lotilaner) Chewable Tablets for Dogs?
- Credelio is a prescription chewable flea and tick preventative medication for dogs that contains lotilaner.
- It works to kill adult fleas and ticks by inhibiting the nervous system of the insect.
- Credelio is a small, beef flavored chewable tablet.
Why is Credelio used for dogs?
- Credelio treats and prevents flea and tick infestations for one month.
- Credelio kills adult fleas, the lone star tick, American dog tick, black-legged tick, and brown dog tick.
What else should I know about Credelio?
- It can be given to dogs and puppies 8 weeks of age and older and weighing 4.4 pounds or greater
- Credelio is available in 5 chewable tablet sizes for dogs based on weight.
- Each chewable tablet size is available in color-coded packages of 3 or 6 chewable tablets.
- Credelio is a prescription product.
What problems could my dog have with Credlio?
- Consult with your dog's veterinarian before using this medication and follow their specific recommendations.
- Lotilaner is a member of the isoxazoline class. This class has been associated with neurologic adverse reactions including tremors, ataxia, and seizures.
- Seizures have been reported in dogs receiving isoxazoline class drugs, even in dogs without a history of seizures. Use with caution in dogs with a history of seizures or neurologic disorders.
How do you use Credelio?
- Credelio is given orally once a month.
- It must be administered with food.
- Treatment with Credelio can begin at any time of the year and can continue year-round without interruption.
What is in Credelio?
- Credelio contains lotilaner, a parasiticide that kills fleas and ticks.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Credelio is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
15 total reviews
Rated 5.00 out of 5 stars
100% of respondents would recommend this to a friend
15 5 star reviews
0 4 star reviews
0 3 star reviews
0 2 star reviews
0 1 star reviews
This medication helped my pet.From UndisclosedComments about Credelio (lotilaner) 6 Chewable Tablets for Dogs 50.1-100lbs
Credelio and my dogFrom UndisclosedComments about Credelio (lotilaner) 6 Chewable Tablets for Dogs 25.1-50lbs
Controls fleas and prevents heart worm.From UndisclosedComments about Credelio (lotilaner) 6 Chewable Tablets for Dogs 12.1-25lbs
Works wonderful!From New plymouth, IdahoComments about Credelio (lotilaner)
Works wonderful for popo.From UndisclosedComments about Credelio (lotilaner) 3 Chewable Tablets for Dogs 12.1-25lbs
Great productFrom UndisclosedComments about Credelio (lotilaner) 6 Chewable Tablets for Dogs 6.1-12lbs
This product helps my babies stay flea free an really works.From UndisclosedComments about Credelio (lotilaner) 6 Chewable Tablets for Dogs 25.1-50lbs
This product helps my babies stay flea free an really works.From UndisclosedComments about Credelio (lotilaner) 6 Chewable Tablets for Dogs 12.1-25lbs
I would buy this product again.From UndisclosedComments about Credelio (lotilaner)
Our extremely sensitive dachshund approves CredelioFrom UndisclosedComments about Credelio (lotilaner)
Displaying Reviews 1 - 10
Q & A
For Credelio, if my elderly dog is right at the weight cutoff/change in dosage, is it better to go with the lower dose? I hesitate to give more of the drug than needed, but also do not want to significantly change effectiveness.?
Please consult with your veterinarian about which dose they recommend for your dog’s weight.Verified Answer
Does this product kill when bitten, or kill with contact to skin but no biting??
According to Plumb’s Veterinary Handbook, the medication kills adult fleas and ticks only after the animal has been bitten.Verified Answer
my dogs are in the 80 lb range. Do you have doses for them??
According to the product label by the manufacturer for Credelio, dogs in the weight range of 50.1-100.0 lbs should have 900mg of lotilaner. The Credelio box for dogs weighing 25.1-50.0 lbs contains 450mg of lotilaner, so 2 tablets of the 25.1-50.0 lbs Credelio tablet would be equivalent to the dose needed for a dog in the weight range of 50.1-100.0 lbs. Please consult with your veterinarian to determine if the use of Credelio would be appropriate in your dog.Verified Answer
how long does it take to get results after the first dose? and can I give my dog a bath? He is taking Credelio, and weighs 16lbs.?
The full efficacy (>95%) against fleas is achieved within 4 hours of attachment for one month after product administration. Fleas on your dog prior to administration are killed within 6 hours. For adult ticks, the onset of effect (death) is about 48 hours. Giving your dog a bath will not change the effectiveness of the product.Verified Answer
Displaying Questions 1 - 4