What is Nutramax Cosequin DS Joint Supplement Capsules for Dogs?
- Cosequin DS is a nutritional supplement with a double-strength formula containing glucosamine hydrochloride and sodium chondroitin sulfate to help maintain your dog's joint and cartilage health.
- Cosequin DS Capsules have been scientifically formulated to help support the health of your dog's joints.
Why is Cosequin DS Sprinkle Capsules used for Dogs?
- Cosequin DS is formulated to preserve joint health and function and help mobility for dogs of all sizes.
- The ingredients in Cosequin work together to help support healthy cartilage.
- Easy to use sprinkle capsules.
What else should I know about Cosequin DS Sprinkle Capsules?
- Store at room temperature with bottle tightly closed.
- For use in animals only. Keep out of the reach of children.
- Manufactured in the United States with Globally Sourced Ingredients.
- Nutramax Laboratories Veterinary Sciences supplements are veterinarian formulated with high-quality ingredients to ensure your pet is receiving a safe supplement.
What problems could my dog have with Cosequin DS Sprinkle Capsules?
- Consult your veterinarian before starting to give Cosequin DS Sprinkle Capsules.
How do you use Cosequin DS Sprinkle Capsules?
- Give as directed by your veterinarian.
- The capsules can be pulled apart and the contents sprinkled on the pet's food. Wet or moist food is preferred to ensure that the pet gets the entire amount.
- Manufacturer's suggested use for the initial 4 to 6 weeks: Dogs 10 to 24 lbs, 1 capsule daily. Dogs 25 to 49 lbs, 2 capsules daily. Dogs 50 to 100 lbs, 3 capsules daily. Dogs over 100 lbs, 4 capsules daily.
- Manufacturer's suggested use for maintenance: Dogs 10 to 24 lbs, 1/2 capsule daily. Dogs 25 to 49 lbs, 1 capsule daily. Dogs 50 to 100 lbs, 1 to 2 capsules daily. Dogs over 100 lbs, 2 capsules daily.
What is in Cosequin DS Sprinkle Capsules?
- Active ingredients per capsule: Glucosamine Hydrochloride 500 mg, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate 400 mg, Manganese (Manganese Ascorbate) 2.5 mg.
- Other Ingredients: FD&C blue #1, FD&C yellow #5, gelatin, and magnesium stearate.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Cosequin is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog to finish all of the Cosequin DS Sprinkle Capsules?
- Dogs may use Cosequin DS Sprinkle Capsules for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
Who makes Cosequin DS Joint Health Supplement for Dogs?
- Cosequin joint health supplements are brought to you by Nutramax Laboratories Veterinary Sciences, the #1 veterinarian recommended supplement company. **Source: Among retail brands *Source: Survey conducted among small animal veterinarians who recommended animal supplements.
I will buy this again!From UndisclosedComments about Cosequin DS Capsules
I buy this product over and overFrom UndisclosedComments about Cosequin DS Capsules
Hip dysplasia in check with this productFrom Mpls MNComments about Cosequin DS Capsules
Just what I needed, works well and shipped to my door!From COComments about Cosequin DS Capsules
Great taste!From Hawaii, USAComments about Cosequin DS Capsules
Q & A
What poundage are the Cosequin DS chewable tabs? and what flavor?
Arlene, The dosage information for the Cosequin DS chewable tablets is as follows: Dog’s Weight NUMBER OF TABLETS Initial 4 to 6 Week Administration Period Maintenance Level 10-24 lbs.* 1 daily (1/2 in the morning & 1/2 in the evening) *(under 10 lbs, 1/2 daily) 1/2 daily (tablets are scored) 25-49 lbs. 2 daily (1 in the morning & 1 in the evening) 1 daily 50-100 lbs. 3 daily (2 in the morning & 1 in the evening) 1-2 daily Over 100 lbs. 4 daily (2 in the morning & 2 in the evening) 2 daily And the flavoring of the tablets is not listed on the packaging, however, the ingredients are: Glucosamine hydrochloride (derived from shellfish), sodium chondroitin sulfate (derived from bovine cartilage), microcrystalline cellulose, artificial roast beef flavor, manganese ascorbate, natural and artificial cheese flavor, mixed glycosaminoglycans, dried brewers yeast, magnesium stearate, and natural garlic flavor. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer