What are Cefpodoxime Proxetil (Generic) Antibacterial Tablets for Cats and Dogs?
- Cefpodoxime Proxetil is a prescription antibiotic for dogs and cats.
- Cefpodoxime Proxetil is an antibiotic that is in the class of cephalosporins.
- Cefpodoxime Proxetil is the generic for the brands Simplicef and Vantin.
Why do cats and dogs use Cefpodoxime Proxetil?
- Cefpodoxime Proxetil is commonly used for infections in dogs, specifically for skin and urinary infections.
- Cefpodoxime Proxetil may also be prescribed for certain tyes of skin infections in cats.
What else should I know about Cefpodoxime Proxetil?
- Cefpodoxime Proxetil is a cephalosporin antibiotic. Cephalosporin antibiotics has an odor that resembles cat urine. This is normal.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Cefpodoxime Proxetil?
- Cefpodoxime Proxetil generally does not cause major side effects.
- Cefpodoxime Proxetil can cause diarrhea and vomiting. If your pet has severe diarrhea or vomiting, you should contact your pet's veterinarian.
- If your pet has ever had an allergic reaction to any cephalosporin antibiotic, you should not give them Cefpodoxime Proxetil.
How do you use Cefpodoxime Proxetil?
- Cefpodoxime Proxetil can be given with our without food.
What is in Cefpodoxime Proxetil?
- Cefpodoxime Proxetil is a cephalosporin antibiotic.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Cefpodoxime Proxetil is sold as an FDA approved generic drug. Brand may vary from order to order and variation to variation. We are unable to guarantee which brand will be available at the time of order shipment.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Cefpodoxime Proxetil?
- Cefpodoxime Proxetil is an antibiotic. Resistance is a major concern when using antibiotics. To help avoid resistance, it is important for you to use this for as long as your veterinarian has prescribed, even if you dog or cat is looking and feeling better.
This medication helped my pet.From UndisclosedComments about Cefpodoxime Proxetil (Generic) 100mg Tablet
Q & A
how do you get veterinary authorization for meds?
Once you place your online order, VetRxDirect will fax a prescription request form to your veterinarian. If you have a written prescription from your veterinarian, send the original prescription along with your order number to: VetRxDirect, 1900 James St, Ste 11, Coralville, IA 52241. Your order will be processed and shipped once we receive the prescription or authorization from your veterinarian.Verified Answer