What are Carprieve Carprofen Caplets for Dogs?
- Carprofen is a prescription non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) medicine that relieves stiff, aching joints in dogs.
Why do dogs use Carprieve Caprofen Caplets?
- Prescription Carprieve Carprofen is a safe, effective medication for relieving pain and inflammation in dogs.
- This non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) medicine is designed to reduce swelling and pain as a result of arthritis, surgery, or joint problems.
- Treating your dog with Carprofen can help him get back to a better quality of life.
What else should I know about Carprieve Caprofen Caplets?
- Reduces pain and inflammation due to arthritis and joint problems.
- Relives pain and swelling due to surgery.
- Scored caplets for easy administration.
- Caplets have no flavor.
What problems could my dog have with Carprieve Caprofen Caplets?
- Most dogs tolerate carprofen well, but some dogs develop stomach ulcers, kidney problems, and liver problems. Your veterinarian will test your dog's blood regularly to check for these side effects.
- Contact your veterinarian if you notice side effects such as increased appetite, decreased appetite, vomiting, changes in bowel movements, changes in behavior or activity level, incoordination, weakness, seizures, aggression, changes in drinking, changes in urination, or jaudice.
How do you use Carprieve Caprofen Caplets?
- Carprofen caplets may be given with or without food. Giving carprofen with food may reduce stomach upset.
What is in Carprieve Caprofen Caplets?
- Carprofen is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug that reduces swelling and pain.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Carprieve is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
Is it important for my dog to finish all of the Carprieve Caprofen Caplets?
- Dogs may use Carprieve Caprofen Caplets for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
Most Liked Positive Review
Great Service from Vet Rx
Most Liked Negative Review
Good Med but not treat formulation
Teddy and Gracie thank you !!From Manchester Twp, NJComments about Carprieve (carprofen) Caplets 100mg, 60ct
Great experienceFrom UndisclosedComments about Carprieve (carprofen) Caplets 100mg, 60ct
Good Med but not treat formulationFrom UndisclosedComments about Carprieve (carprofen) Caplets 25mg, 30ct
Great relief for my 10 YO dogFrom UndisclosedComments about Carprieve (carprofen) Caplets 75mg, 60ct
The best pharmacyFrom UndisclosedComments about Carprieve (carprofen) Caplets 25mg, 60ct
Love you vetRxdirectFrom UndisclosedComments about Carprieve (carprofen) Caplets 25mg, 30ct
Best customer service rep EVER!From UndisclosedComments about Carprieve (carprofen) Caplets 25mg, 180ct
Easy to break in halfFrom UndisclosedComments about Carprieve (carprofen) Caplets 100mg, 180ct
Keeping Dogs Fetching!From UndisclosedComments about Carprieve (carprofen) Caplets 100mg, 60ct
I would purchase again.From UndisclosedComments about Carprieve (carprofen) Caplets
Q & A
Can Carprieve cause diarrhea??
According to Plumb’s Veterinary Drug Handbook, Carprieve can cause mild gastrointestinal effects including diarrhea. Taking this medication with food may help decrease side effects. Please consult your veterinarian regarding any further questions or concerns regarding the use of this medication with your dog.Verified Answer
Can Carprieve Carprofen for Dogs (caplet form) be split in half??
Carprieve caplets may be split in half if doing so is recommended by your veterinarian.Verified Answer
Is this a chewable tablet? ?
Tricia, The only chewable carprofen option is Rimadyl. All other carprofen options are considered a caplet. The crushing of carprofen (Norocarp/Carprieve) caplets should be minimized when administering to your pet. A drug company representative reports that they have no data supporting the crushing (or chewing) of the caplets and do not advise it. Thank you, Erica VetRxDirectCommunity Answer
Can this product be purchased without a prescription??
Alan, All medications containing carprofen, the active ingredient in Norocarp, require a prescription from a licensed veterinarian prior to dispensing. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer