What is Cardalis (spironolactone and benazepril) for Dogs?
- Cardalis is a prescription cardiac drug used to manage congestive heart failure in dogs.
- Cardalis is a chewable tablet that contains spironolactone and benazepril, medications that lower blood pressure and help the body remove excess fluid and salt.
Why is Cardalis used for dogs?
- Cardalis may be prescribed for use with other medications to manage symptoms of congestive heart failure in dogs due to a form of heart disease known as atrioventricular insufficiency (AVVI).
- Cardalis may be used to manage mild, moderate, or severe congestive heart failure in dogs.
What else should I know about Cardalis for Dogs?
- Cardalis is labeled for use with other medications.
- Store Cardalis at controlled room temperature, 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F), in original container. Excursions permitted between 15°C and 30°C (between 59° and 86°F).
What problems could my dog have with Cardalis?
- Cardalis should not be administered in conjunction with Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs NSAIDS in dogs with renal insufficiency.
- Do not administer Cardalis to dogs with hypoadrenocorticism (Addison’s Disease), hyperkalemia, or hyponatremia.
- Do not administer Cardalis to animals with known hypersensitivity to ACE inhibitors or spironolactone.
- The most common adverse effects observed in dogs administered Cardalis included anorexia, vomiting, lethargy, diarrhea, renal insufficiency, collapse, liver disease, and urinary incontinence.
How do I use Cardalis?
- Give as directed by your veterinarian.
- Do not skip doses or stop giving the medication without consulting your veterinarian.
- Cardalis should be administered with food.
- Wear gloves when handling Cardalis.
What is in Cardalis?
- The active ingredients in this medication are spironolactone and benazepril.
- The drug Spironolactone is a diuretic that works in the kidneys to remove excess fluids and salt from the body.
- Benazepril is an ACE Inhibitor that lowers blood pressure by helping relax veins and arteries
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Cardalis is a brand name. You will receive the exact product you request.
Who makes Cardalis?
- Cardalis is made by the manufacturer Ceva.
Beneficial for my petFrom San AntonioComments about Cardalis Chewable Tablets
So far so goodFrom UndisclosedComments about Cardalis Chewable Tablets 20mg/2.5mg, 30ct Bottle
Q & A
Does Cardalis come in liquid form for small dogs? My mother's dog is 15 lbs and on 1.25mg every 24 hours, but has few teeth and cannot handle the chewables.?
Unfortunately, Cardalis does not come in a liquid formulation, but there may be other options to help your mother’s dog take medications easier. Cardalis may be finely crushed and mixed in with food. Cardalis is a combination of two medications, spironolactone and benazepril. It is recommended that you speak to the veterinarian on the different options available to help the dog take its medications.Verified Answer