What are BusPIRone Hydrochloride Tablets for Cats and Dogs?
- BusPIRone is a prescription medication commonly used to treat anxiety conditions in dogs and cats and other behavior disorders.
- BusPIRone is not used to treat anxiety that rapidly develops because it can take a week or more to be effective.
- BusPIRone is given on a regular schedule and may be given in addition to as needed anxiety medications.
Why do cats and dogs use BusPIRone?
- BusPIRone is used to treat anxiety conditions in dogs and cats and other behavior disorders.
- Although BusPIRone is commonly given to treat anxiety, it can also be used in cats to reduce urine marking or urine spraying.
- BusPIRone can also be used to treat motion sickness in cats.
What else should I know about BusPIRone?
- It may take a few weeks to determine if the BusPIRone is effective.
What problems could my dog or cat have with BusPIRone?
- Do not use a flea collar on your dog or cat while giving BusPIRone without talking to your veterinarian.
- Side effects are uncommon with BusPIRone.
- BusPIRone may upset the stomach or slow down the heart rate.
- Cats may show increased affection when on BusPIRone.
How do you use BusPIRone?
- It is important to give BusPIRone as prescribed by your pet's veterinarian. BusPIRone should be given on a regular basis and should not be used for situational anxieties on an as needed basis.
- BusPIRone may be given with food or on an empty stomach. Follow your veterinarian's recommendations.
What is in BusPIRone?
- BusPIRone Hydrochloride is a prescription antianxiety medication.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- BusPIRone is sold as an FDA approved generic drug. Brand may vary from order to order and variation to variation. We are unable to guarantee which brand will be available at the time of order shipment.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the BusPIRone?
- Dogs and cats may use BusPIRone for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
Helped my cat chillFrom UndisclosedComments about BusPIRone HCl (Generic) 5mg Tablet
Q & A
Can Benadryl & Buspirone be given to a dog at the same time?
According to Plumb’s Veterinary Drug Handbook, concurrent use of Buspirone with antihistamines may increase risk for depression of the respiratory system and central nervous system. Please consult with your veterinarian before administering these medications to your dog.Verified Answer
Hello, Is it okay for humans to take this medicine. I have been ordered by my doctor to take this pill. (Tried to space back to enter a question mark, however my device wouldn't allow me to.)?
Yes, this is a human medication that is also used in cats and dogs. If you have further questions regarding the medication, please contact your physician or pharmacy. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer
Yes, this is a human medication that is used in cats and dogs as well. If you have further questions about it, please contact your physician or pharmacy. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer