Bethanechol Chloride (Generic) Rx
Starting At $0.34 per tablet
Bethanechol Chloride (Generic) Rx
$0.34 per tablet
Usually ships the same weekday before 3pm CT with veterinary approval.
Requires veterinary authorization.
Your pet's veterinarian will provide directions for use.
What are Bethanechol Chloride Tablets for Dogs and Cats?
- Bethanechol is a prescription medication commonly used to increase bladder contractility in order to help the bladder empty and to increase urination.
Why do cats and dogs use Bethanechol Chloride?
- Bethanechol helps the bladder empty and to increase urination.
- Bethanechol can also be used to treat symptoms of dysautonomia.
- Dysautonomia is a condition where the autonomic nervous system, or ANS, does not function properly.
- The ANS controls unconscious functions of the body such as the gastrointestinal system, cardiovascular system, and metabolic system.
What else should I know about Bethanechol Chloride?
- Flavors, shipping rules, special storage, accessories needed, related products.
What problems could my dog or cat have with Bethanechol Chloride?
- Contact your pet's veterinarian if salivation, vomiting, diarrhea, or anorexia are extreme or persist when giving Bethanechol.
- It is possible to give your pet too much bethanechol. It is important to give bethanechol exactly as your pet's veterinarian has instructed. Overdosage signs are similar to the side effects but can be more severe in nature. Talk to your pet's veterinarian immediately regarding any potential adverse effects.
- Because Bethanechol is a cholinergic agent, it is associated with side effects similar to other cholinergic medications. Berthanechol Chloride may cause increased salivation, lacrimation or tear production, urination, or defecation.
- When given to smaller animals, bethanechol has mild adverse effects which may also include anorexia (loss of appetite) or vomiting.
How do you use Bethanechol Chloride?
- Give the medication to your pet on an empty stomach unless otherwise instructed by your pet's veterinarian.
- Monitor your pet for urination frequency and amount voided.
What is in Bethanechol Chloride?
- The drug Bethanechol Chloride is a choleringic agent that helps the urinary bladder contract so that it empties.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- Bethanechol Chloride is sold as an FDA approved generic drug. Brand may vary from order to order and variation to variation. We are unable to guarantee which brand will be available at the time of order shipment.
Is it important for my dog or cat to finish all of the Bethanechol Chloride?
- Dogs and cats may use Bethanechol Chloride for different lengths of time. Please consult your veterinarian if you have any questions.
9 total reviews
Rated 4.89 out of 5 stars
100% of respondents would recommend this to a friend
8 5 star reviews
1 4 star reviews
0 3 star reviews
0 2 star reviews
0 1 star reviews
My baby's saving graceFrom UndisclosedComments about Bethanechol Chloride (Generic)This medication has been my baby's saving grace. He is incontinent due to a spinal cord injury. This medicine helps the muscles of his bladder contract to help him go number one. Without it, he has frequent UTI's. We love this medicine and we love how quickly vetexdirect is able to get this to us! We have also spoke with customer service a few times and they have also been wonderful!
My Baby's Saving Grace Medicine!From UndisclosedComments about Bethanechol Chloride (Generic) 5mg TabletWe picked this product because it really helps our boy Jefferson with his bladder. He has been an incontinent pup since he was a baby due to a spinal cord injury. We believe the tail was stepped on. He will be in diapers for the rest of his life! This medicine helps the muscles of his bladder contract to help him go number one! Without it, he has frequent UTI's and blood in his urine. We try to avoid these at all costs as that means frequent vet visits and antibiotics for Jeffy.
Good ResultsFrom undisclosedComments about Bethanechol Chloride (Generic)Prescription arrived on time. Seems to be very good, although the pill is larger than the one from my regular pharmacy. My dog is taking without spitting it out and it is doing the job.
Very Happy with Vetrxdirect!From undisclosedComments about Bethanechol Chloride (Generic)Good customer service. Thank you!
Yes I will purchase againFrom Washington PaComments about Bethanechol Chloride (Generic)I give this two hrs prior to meals; MUST be given on empty stomach. It otherwise nauseated my golden. He's on maintence dose only. Bonus seems to aid in eliminating stools as well. He's always had a sluggish intestinal tract and bethanechol makes him much more regular.
excellent productFrom NCComments about Bethanechol Chloride (Generic)i have a cat with spina bifida, he is totally incontinent. with this medication he can actually contract his bladder and pee a little bit on his own which makes a huge difference. When i am expressing him he can help. without this medication expressing his bladder is much more difficult and he has no ability to pee on his own. emptying the bladder is crucial in controlling/preventing urinary tract infections so this is vital.
Worth every pennyFrom Missouri, USAComments about Bethanechol Chloride (Generic)I buy this from Vetrxdirect because of the quality, the price, and the quick service. My sweet elderly rescue pug Bandit has to take it every day for his bladder to work as it is supposed to. As you can see in the photo, he wears a cool belly band because he isn't in control all the time, but the Bethanechol has made him so much better over the past few months.
Great Price, Fast ServiceFrom Kentucky, USAComments about Bethanechol Chloride (Generic)My vet used to sell these but the price went so much he started sending people to local pharmacies to get it. The current Walmart price is 10 times the price per pill the vet used to charge so I decided to look elsewhere. 1-800-Petmeds didn't carry it so I kept looking. So glad I found VetRXDirect. They had a price close to what my local vet used to sell them for. It only took them about 90 minutes to get the prescription info from the vet and the order was filled. They had a discount code and free shipping too so can't beat it! Thanks VetRXDirect for providing a valuable service for our pets.
Great customer serviceFrom Glendora, caComments about Bethanechol Chloride (Generic)I bought this because I was running out and got the meds in a reasonable amount of time. Thanks, a very satisfied customer
Displaying Reviews 1 - 9
Q & A
Are the 5 mg tablets scored so they can easily be cut in half and the 2 halves will be equal.?
The bethanechol 5mg tablets are scored so they can be cut in half to provide 2.5mg per half tablet.Verified Answer
My dog has Addison's Disease and is Diabetic. I am so afraid this will upset her stomach. Then I will be in trouble. If she refuses to eat I can't give insulin. If she eats and I give the insulin then she vomits I'm in worse trouble. I am afraid to give the pill.?
According to Plumb’s Veterinary Drug Handbook, common but not serious side effects of Bethanechol may include vomiting, diarrhea, lack of appetite, and excessive drooling. Bethanechol is best given on an empty stomach, but if your animal vomits or acts sick after getting the drug, try giving it with food to see if this helps. Please consult with your veterinarian about your questions or concerns regarding this medication. Your veterinarian can recommend the best way to administer this medication to your dog.Verified Answer
Can peoplse use this tablets?
Bethanechol chloride tablets are a human labeled generic drug product that may be used in an extra-label manner for pets, under the direction and guidance of a veterinarian. VetRxDirect is a veterinary pharmacy that can only fill medication for companion animals after receiving a valid prescription from a veterinarian.Verified Answer
do I need a prescription for this??
Yes, a prescription from your pet's veterinarian is required for bethanechol.Verified Answer
Displaying Questions 1 - 4