Starting At $11.71
In StockFree shipping when you buy 6 or with a $59 order
Usually ships the same weekday before 3pm CT.
Product note: The manufacturer Zoetis has a new AphaTrak 3 Meter Kit that will be available on our site soon. AlphaTrak 2 and AlphaTrak 3 supplies will not be interchangeable. Please email us if you have questions.
What is AlphaTrak 2 Blood Glucose Monitoring for Dogs and Cats?
- AlphaTRAK 2 is a blood glucose (sugar) reading system used to monitor the blood sugar of cats and dogs.
- The AlphaTrak Blood Glucose monitoring system consists of a meter starter kit, test strips, lancets, and control solution.
Why is AlphaTrak 2 used for dogs and cats?
- Animals diagnosed with diabetes may require blood sugar testing to manage their health.
- AlphaTrak 2 products help you take the blood sample and measure the glucose in the blood.
- This system is calibrated specifically for dogs and cats.
- AlphaTrak 2 helps you monitor your pet's blood glucose at home, and you get accurate results in a few easy steps.
What else should I know about AlphaTrak 2?
- The glucometer starter kit is ideal for first time purchasers of blood glucose meters or as a replacement for older models.
- After purchasing the starter kit, the test strips, lancets, and control solution can all be purchased separately for replacement.
- AlphaTrak 2 Test strips are inserted into the monitor and are used to help read blood glucose levels.
- AlphaTrak Lancets are used to obtain a blood sample for testing blood sugar levels.
- AlphaTrak Control Solution is used to test the glucose meter without a blood sample to ensure the meter is working properly.
What problems could my dog or cat have with AlphaTrak 2?
- The AlphaTrak 2 blood glucose monitor requires test strips for use.
- AlphaTrak 2 test strips are designed for use only with AlphaTrak blood glucose monitors.
How do you use AlphaTrak 2?
- Talk to your pet's veterinarian about how exactly you should use AlphaTrak Blood Glucose Monitor with your dog or cat.
What is in the AlphaTrak 2 Glucose Meter Starter Kit?
- The meter starter kit contains: AlphaTRAK 2 Meter, 25 AlphaTRAK 2 Test Strips, Lancing Device, 30 AlphaTRAK Lancets, AlphaTRAK Control Solution, Diabetes Diary, User's Guide, Carrying Case.
Will I get what I see in the picture?
- AlphaTrak 2 is a brand name. You will receive the exact brand that you request.
8 total reviews
Rated 4.75 out of 5 stars
100% of respondents would recommend this to a friend
6 5 star reviews
2 4 star reviews
0 3 star reviews
0 2 star reviews
0 1 star reviews
Alfa track 2From UndisclosedComments about AlphaTRAK II Meter Starter KitTo check on my baby surgery level I love my alpatrack 2 easy to use.
Diabetic catFrom UndisclosedComments about AlphaTRAK II 50 Test StripsKiller is diabetic, these syringes are easy to use and the needle is small so he usually doesn't mind when I give him insulin.
I would buy this product again.From Amherst, NHComments about AlphaTRAK III use these products to monitor my cat's blood sugar in order to adjust her insulin if needed.
The gold standard in glucose monitoringFrom Medford, NJComments about AlphaTRAK IIVetRx has the best price for the BEST blood glucose monitor for your pets. Highly recommend, and it is so intuitive and easy to use. Love that they give you a diary also! Everything you need
This is a very user friendly glucose monitor.From New Castle, DeComments about AlphaTRAK III decided to begin checking my dogs glucose levels. I am very pleased with this product.
Great customer service!!!From TxComments about AlphaTRAK IIWe had a little problem getting the Rx coordinated and in the right hands. Customer sevice was very helpful in getting things moving and it was in my mailbox in no time.
Excellent Product - Alpha TrakFrom Clarksville, MD, USAComments about AlphaTRAK IISince my cat was diagnosed with diabetes it has been much more convenient for me to do glucose testing in my home. It has definitely been less stressful for Buddy Boo to be tested at home. This particular meter and test strips are both easy to use and very reliable. I would recommend the AlphaTrak products to anyone that finds themselves in the position of caring for a diabetic pet.
Easy to use!From Charlotte, NC, USAComments about AlphaTRAK III have had this kit for about a month now, and it is very easy to use, and requires only a tiny amount of blood. Just remember to make sure you check your test strips bottle number to match with your meter. Just wish these test strips weren't so expensive. Prices are competitive, and delivery was quick.
Displaying Reviews 1 - 8
Q & A
Could you tell me if the alphatrak2 glucose monitor is in stock? Thank you?
What does this solution do? I have an alpha track 2. Cat recently diagnosed with diabetes.?
According to the manufacturer's insert for the AlphaTRAK II testing kit, the control solution is used to check the performance of the AlphaTRAK 2 Meter, AlphaTRAK 2 Test Strips, and testing technique, to ensure that the test results are reliable. Please consult your veterinarian regarding any further questions or concerns regarding this medication in your cat.Verified Answer
Do we need a prescription called in for this order??
Yes, this product does require a prescription. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer
What's the difference in a human glucose reading and a dog?
Human glucose monitors may underestimate the blood glucose concentrations of your pet, giving you an inaccurate reading. In order to get an accurate reading it’s recommended to use a monitor calibrated specifically for dogs and cats. The AlphaTRAK monitor is one option for your pet. Your dog's veterinarian may be familiar with different meters and be able to help you choose the best one for you and your pet. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer
we have alpha Trak for cat newly diagnosed very sick We have found this device to be very hard to use - it doesn't read well - often takes 2-3 sticks of our cat's ear because the unit doesn't read consistently and the lancing component doesnt always work.?
We recommend contacting your veterinarian to go over the process of getting an accurate blood sugar reading. This training is more beneficial if done in person. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer
I have an alpha trak 2 monitor and need test strips, is it an option to use other test strips, not just alpha trak 2 strips??
Joan, The AlphaTRACK II meter is calibrated for blood glucose testing in dogs and cats. The manufacturer does not recommend using other strips in the meter as the AlphaTRACK II strips are coded specifically for dogs and cats. The AlphTRAK II system is designed to account for the differences in blood glucose distribution in the blood between animals and humans. Human blood glucose monitoring systems may underestimate glucose in dogs and cats. An incorrect determination of blood glucose will lead to incorrect dosing with anti-diabetic medications, such as insulin. Thank you, VetRxDirectCommunity Answer
Displaying Questions 1 - 6